BBO Discussion Forums: Bad luck in a sense ? - BBO Discussion Forums

Jump to content

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Bad luck in a sense ?

#1 User is offline   H_KARLUK 

  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Posts: 973
  • Joined: 2006-March-17
  • Gender:Male

Posted 2009-January-21, 16:28

Scoring: IMP


Opps silent
1♦    1NT
2♣    2♦
2NT    ?

Sys 2/1
We all know that light travels faster than sound. That's why certain people appear bright until you hear them speak. Quoted by Albert Einstein.
0

#2 User is offline   mike777 

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 18,266
  • Joined: 2003-October-07
  • Gender:Male

Posted 2009-January-21, 16:30

3nt

another low point vul game at imps.
0

#3 User is offline   mtvesuvius 

  • Vesuvius the Violent Volcano
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 3,216
  • Joined: 2008-December-04
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Tampa-Area, Florida
  • Interests:SLEEPING

Posted 2009-January-21, 16:34

Pass. We have no major suit stoppers. I'd rather be -2 than -3...
Yay for the "Ignored Users" feature!
0

#4 User is offline   jdonn 

  • - - T98765432 AQT8
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 15,085
  • Joined: 2005-June-23
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Las Vegas, NV

Posted 2009-January-21, 16:36

mtvesuvius, on Jan 21 2009, 05:34 PM, said:

Pass. We have no major suit stoppers. I'd rather be -2 than -3...

Then why not bid 3♦ and go plus? :)
Please let me know about any questions or interest or bug reports about GIB.
0

#5 User is offline   jillybean 

  • hooked
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 13,026
  • Joined: 2003-November-15
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Vancouver, Canada
  • Interests:Multi

Posted 2009-January-21, 16:37

Pass, I want to see partners hand.
“It is not because things are difficult that we do not dare, it is because we do not dare that they are difficult.”
Bridge should be fun!
0

#6 User is offline   mtvesuvius 

  • Vesuvius the Violent Volcano
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 3,216
  • Joined: 2008-December-04
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Tampa-Area, Florida
  • Interests:SLEEPING

Posted 2009-January-21, 16:40

jdonn, on Jan 21 2009, 05:36 PM, said:

mtvesuvius, on Jan 21 2009, 05:34 PM, said:

Pass. We have no major suit stoppers. I'd rather be -2 than -3...

Then why not bid 3♦ and go plus? :)

Because I wanna declare :)
Yay for the "Ignored Users" feature!
0

#7 User is offline   jtfanclub 

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 3,937
  • Joined: 2004-June-05

Posted 2009-January-21, 17:26

If partner had 18 and stoppers in both majors, why not bid 2NT over 1NT? If he had 17 and stoppers in both majors, why not open 1NT? If he only has one major suit stopped, why isn't he patterning out his hand?

I suppose partner could have 16-17 with a singleton ace, in which case 3♦ is obvious. I can't think of what else he could have playing a 15-17 NT.
0

#8 User is offline   Mosene 

  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Posts: 123
  • Joined: 2006-July-13

Posted 2009-January-21, 17:30

3♦
0

#9 User is offline   H_KARLUK 

  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Posts: 973
  • Joined: 2006-March-17
  • Gender:Male

Posted 2009-January-22, 00:42

Scoring: IMP


Thanks all.
We all know that light travels faster than sound. That's why certain people appear bright until you hear them speak. Quoted by Albert Einstein.
0

#10 User is offline   JLOL 

  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 1,033
  • Joined: 2008-December-05

Posted 2009-January-22, 01:14

Also 3D for me.
0

#11 User is offline   mike777 

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 18,266
  • Joined: 2003-October-07
  • Gender:Male

Posted 2009-January-22, 01:45

hmm I assume p open 1nt with this but ok.....in any case his 2nt fool me., as I said i rebid 3nt.
0

#12 User is offline   jdonn 

  • - - T98765432 AQT8
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 15,085
  • Joined: 2005-June-23
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Las Vegas, NV

Posted 2009-January-22, 02:19

mike777, on Jan 22 2009, 02:45 AM, said:

hmm I assume p open 1nt with this but ok.....in any case his 2nt fool me., as I said i rebid 3nt.

Why are you blaming partner? If his hearts were Qx, or his spades were AJ, would you want to be in 3NT?
Please let me know about any questions or interest or bug reports about GIB.
0

#13 User is offline   mike777 

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 18,266
  • Joined: 2003-October-07
  • Gender:Male

Posted 2009-January-22, 03:42

jdonn, on Jan 22 2009, 03:19 AM, said:

mike777, on Jan 22 2009, 02:45 AM, said:

hmm I assume p open 1nt with this but ok.....in any case his 2nt fool me., as I said i rebid 3nt.

Why are you blaming partner? If his hearts were Qx, or his spades were AJ, would you want to be in 3NT?

i thought i said I assume p bid 1nt...not that i blame anyone......

assume..1nt.....not blame....1nt

I thought I said her 2nt fooled me.
0

#14 User is offline   jdonn 

  • - - T98765432 AQT8
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 15,085
  • Joined: 2005-June-23
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Las Vegas, NV

Posted 2009-January-22, 09:52

mike777, on Jan 22 2009, 02:45 AM, said:

hmm I assume p open 1nt with this but ok.....in any case his 2nt fool me., as I said i rebid 3nt.

So you think 3NT by you now is the right bid, and 2NT by partner was the wrong bid, and it's obvious 3NT is a bad contract.

Do you know what "blame" means?
Please let me know about any questions or interest or bug reports about GIB.
0

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users