Ruh Roh
#1
Posted 2009-January-06, 20:23
♠Axxxxx ♥AKQ ♦98xx ♣void
1♠ - (Dbl) - Rdbl - (P)
P - (2♣) - Dbl - (P)
?
#2
Posted 2009-January-06, 20:57
#3
Posted 2009-January-06, 20:58
Mbodell, on Jan 6 2009, 09:57 PM, said:
Agreed.
#4
Posted 2009-January-06, 21:54
opponents and we could still have game opposite Hx in spades in partners hand.
Where were you while we were getting high?
#5
Posted 2009-January-06, 22:41
I feel like I've got 4 tricks I guess.....
I'm not happy about passing, obv, but I guess I'll do it.
#8
Posted 2009-January-07, 05:25
While passing is right if partner has a 'standalone' penalty double of clubs (e.g. after 1S 2C P P I would be happy to double), double here is usually a little more cooperative. I'm concerned about being +100 against our partial, or +300/500 against our game.
#9
Posted 2009-January-07, 05:31
FrancesHinden, on Jan 7 2009, 04:25 AM, said:
All vulnerable, Frances.
#10
Posted 2009-January-07, 08:03
Sorry partner if you have KQJTx of clubs.
I bid 2♠.
[When I saw the title to this thread, I was hoping the problem would involve Astro - LOL]
#11
Posted 2009-January-07, 08:21
Oops I think that only applies if RHO rather than LHO had bid 2♣.
#12
Posted 2009-January-07, 09:04
<in a dreamy state of bliss>
...pard leads me a spade, ooh, dummy is 4-3-4-2 with a doubleton club. I'll win the A♠, it holds. Nice. Pard didn't do the redouble with fit trick again for a change. Let me try to cash three hearts - excellent. How can I help partner now who's dying to pound something other than Red Stripe beer over there...there, do I give him a ruff, or play a diamond through...why not, let me play a diamond through; pard will finally understand how good they are to me and vice versa, and peace and understanding with flow with effortless grace and ease finally.....
<exiting bliss to reality>
In real world, I'm expecting 500 so passing.
#13
Posted 2009-January-07, 09:24
-P.J. Painter.
#14
Posted 2009-January-07, 09:27
#16
Posted 2009-January-07, 09:42
#17
Posted 2009-January-07, 09:58
In imps i would never pass this but in MP pass seems like a good gamble. Prospect of game arent really that much over 50% so +200 will rate to be pretty good. If partner got a powerhouse so taht we can make game then there is some chance for +800
For instance, he doesn't like being used as a human shield when we're being shot at.
I happen to think it's a very noble way to meet one's maker, especially for a guy like him.
Bottom line is we never let that difference of opinion interfere with anything."
#18
Posted 2009-January-07, 12:00
rogerclee, on Jan 7 2009, 06:31 AM, said:
FrancesHinden, on Jan 7 2009, 04:25 AM, said:
All vulnerable, Frances.
Yeah this is what swayed me. I'd like +200 here. If they were white I'd bid I think.
#19
Posted 2009-January-07, 12:46
benlessard, on Jan 7 2009, 03:58 PM, said:
Somehow at IMPs I wouldn't mind getting -180 so much.
I disagree with the fact that bidding now shows strenght, if you have extras you can cue or jump, having plenty of space to find best game.
Pass and reject the double means to me that I was willing to double something else, but not clubs.
#20
Posted 2009-January-07, 14:27
Fluffy, on Jan 7 2009, 10:46 AM, said:
yes you are
pass

Help
