BBO Discussion Forums: email bidding quiz-3 - BBO Discussion Forums

Jump to content

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

email bidding quiz-3

#1 User is offline   mike777 

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 18,265
  • Joined: 2003-October-07
  • Gender:Male

Posted 2009-January-06, 18:31

You’ll occasionally see a couple odd bids forced on you. Please don’t complain too much. Have some fun.

edit.





Matchpoints







5. 32 A5 J963 AK743 Unfavorable



1C* P 1H 2S

P P X P

??

*playing light openers




6. AQ832 J94 K5 A94 Favorable



1H 3D ??
0

#2 User is offline   mtvesuvius 

  • Vesuvius the Violent Volcano
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 3,216
  • Joined: 2008-December-04
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Tampa-Area, Florida
  • Interests:SLEEPING

Posted 2009-January-06, 18:42

3♣ (followed by an annoyed grunt).
4♦ wtp?
Yay for the "Ignored Users" feature!
0

#3 User is offline   Echognome 

  • Deipnosophist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 4,386
  • Joined: 2005-March-22

Posted 2009-January-06, 18:54

2NT which I believe should be scrambling. I can see playing a natural 2NT here for the weak NT hand, but I think that hand might pass the double. I will shrug on this one.

I also concur with 4♦, but I could see 3♠ followed by 4♥ also working out. However, we have found our fit, so let's make use of the landing spot.
"Half the people you know are below average." - Steven Wright
0

#4 User is offline   Fluffy 

  • World International Master without a clue
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 17,404
  • Joined: 2003-November-13
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:madrid

Posted 2009-January-06, 19:38

5. 3♣ with no strong conviction.

6. I bid 3♠, if this turns competitive knowing about double fit will be important.
0

#5 User is offline   andy_h 

  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 1,962
  • Joined: 2007-September-14
  • Location:Australia
  • Interests:The Universe, Traveling, Squash, and Scandinavia.

Posted 2009-January-06, 19:40

3C and not worried about it at all. As much as I like to play lots of scrambling 2NT's in competitive auctions, I would definitely play 2NT here as natural for the weak NT as I can't really see passing with all weak NT hands.

Agree with 4D.
- Andy -

We are all connected to each other biologically, to the Earth chemically, and to the rest of the universe atomically.
We're in the universe, and the universe is in us.
0

#6 User is offline   Mbodell 

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 2,871
  • Joined: 2007-April-22
  • Location:Santa Clara, CA

Posted 2009-January-06, 20:39

5. I bid 2nt which should show this hand pretty well and let partner choose between ♣, ♦, and ♥. If I don't trust partner (and am afraid he'll foolishly think my 2nt is to play with spades well stopped) I'd bid 3♣ as my second choice.

6. I think 4♦ is best.
0

#7 User is offline   Codo 

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 6,373
  • Joined: 2003-March-15
  • Location:Hamburg, Germany
  • Interests:games and sports, esp. bridge,chess and (beach-)volleyball

Posted 2009-January-07, 02:31

1. 2 NT
2. 3 ♠
Will partner know, that Kxx,AKQxxx,xxx,KQx may not produce a slam but
KJ,AKQxxx,xx,xxx will? So I do not like 4 ♦ because partner is hardly in a position to judge well about the slam. I try to show my hand with 3 Spade and 4 Heart and leave the rest to him.
Kind Regards

Roland


Sanity Check: Failure (Fluffy)
More system is not the answer...
0

#8 User is offline   MFA 

  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 1,625
  • Joined: 2006-October-04
  • Location:Denmark

Posted 2009-January-07, 09:37

Can we get that bidding template, please BBF? So annoying to try to decipher these sequences.

5. 2NT, I play this as scrambling. But that is in a weak NT context. If 2NT would not be scramble, then I bid 3♣.
6. This is a tough problem. With ♦Kx 4♦ seems quite pushy, but it's my choice. I can easliy live with 3♠.

Fluffy, on Jan 6 2009, 08:38 PM, said:

6. I bid 3♠, if this turns competitive knowing about double fit will be important.

If the auction turns competitive, it will most likely be RHO bashing a number of diamonds and then remain silent. If so, we will not have established the double fit before we get the final guess.
Michael Askgaard
0

#9 User is offline   Apollo81 

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 3,162
  • Joined: 2006-July-10
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Maryland

Posted 2009-January-07, 09:40

5. 3♣, couldn't 2NT here be natural?

6. 4♦
0

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users