Money Bridge Hand Number 1
#2
Posted 2009-January-04, 22:13
#4
Posted 2009-January-04, 23:11
cherdano, on Jan 5 2009, 05:13 PM, said:
The opponents are unlikely to play spades.
I bid 1NT passing rarely works with 17 hcp.
I believe that the USA currently hold only the World Championship For People Who Still Bid Like Your Auntie Gladys - dburn
dunno how to play 4 card majors - JLOGIC
True but I know Standard American and what better reason could I have for playing Precision? - Hideous Hog
Bidding is an estimation of probabilities SJ Simon
#5
Posted 2009-January-04, 23:33
#7
Posted 2009-January-05, 04:06
I think pass is the normal bid, only thing you bury is a 4♥ game I think.
#8
Posted 2009-January-05, 05:00
wyman, on 2012-May-04, 09:48, said:
rbforster, on 2012-May-20, 21:04, said:
My YouTube Channel
#9
Posted 2009-January-05, 06:23
--Always remember you're unique. Just like everyone else.
#10
Posted 2009-January-05, 06:51
effervesce, on Jan 5 2009, 05:23 AM, said:
LOL
#11
Posted 2009-January-05, 21:02
rogerclee, on Jan 5 2009, 07:51 AM, said:
effervesce, on Jan 5 2009, 05:23 AM, said:
LOL
Geez, rlol, if ur gonna comment at least explain why. If partner reopens with an X, aren't you worried about missing a possible slam?
If you pass and partner reopens with a X, how many do you expect them to go down? 3? Then 'only' having game is but a small loss. The problem is, how often if they go down 3 or 4 will you have missed a slam ? And how often will they only go down 1 or 2? True, partner is a passed hand, but it's not impossible. Partner, having passed already though, will find it hard pressed to reopen with a X on alot of hands with some points.
Unless your point is that we're unlikely to make game if partner reopens with a X and doesn't have 4 hearts. Or suggesting that 1♠ all pass is the most likely place to play, and better than us playing the hand.
--Always remember you're unique. Just like everyone else.
#12
Posted 2009-January-06, 06:58
- only good things can happen from now on!
- if pd dbls I will be interested in a slam
General principle (especially at money bridge) with the majority cards (however small) in the opps suit best to pass seems to have served me well over the years.
#13
Posted 2009-January-06, 07:43
kfay, on Jan 4 2009, 11:04 PM, said:
P-(1♠)-?
#14
Posted 2009-January-06, 08:33
I would not be happy bidding 1NT with this hand but I will risk it. There are days when partners then transfer to H.
#15
Posted 2009-January-06, 09:36
#16
Posted 2009-January-06, 13:20
effervesce, on Jan 5 2009, 10:02 PM, said:
LOL
(Edit: MBTs are not the place to bid pushy slams! or ones on 5 finesses...)
#17
Posted 2009-January-06, 13:54
Fluffy, on Jan 5 2009, 11:06 AM, said:
Huh, do you really play 2m as natural over a 1NT overcall?? System on is standard where I play.
I don't expect to defend 1♠ if I pass, so I prefer to overcall 1NT, to be able to reach game when that's right.
Harald
#18
Posted 2009-January-06, 16:33
skaeran, on Jan 6 2009, 07:54 PM, said:
yes, I keep forgetting it is not standard, the main reason is that we want the opener to be on lead.

Help

P-(1♠)-?