• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

copycats is it a good thing

#1 User is offline   spwdo 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2004-May-11, 16:19

hi,

seeing a lot of things not to my personal like lately.

Everthing started from some tds is beeing copycat from someone , hosted just before/after every similar event.

Happend to junior teammatches,happend to a td that started up a tourney restricted by language.Is it allowed from bbo to let someone fragmetise everything already on BBO.Or do we feel we shoud support someone starting up something new.

We do alot of effort in rounding up right ppl to make something, a lot of work goes prior before we even start doing something, and after we did it twice we see a copycat who creates/put togheter something that sounds similar (and naggs others to do his hosting) but in fact isnt BUT it still fragmetise everything we do.

Overlaps from someone that has a private club while in fact hosting regulary open tourneys (always a mistake, and a lot of sorrys and haerts are send after)

It gets to me, all are free off course to do what they like but maybe im evenly free to , can someone explain me while majority of tds try to provide a full schedule wich woud benefit all while some just do things as they see fit and dont care/respect others their work .
"if you fail at your first attempt , maybe skydiving is not for you".

#2 User is offline   Gweny 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Guests

Posted 2004-May-11, 17:58

;) Well maybe bright side exist with this marc... when you consider it is only 3.5 months past we start doing regular scheduel and now it is difficult to find open spot where no conflict occur with some event.

On topic of private clubs some is no problem. They offer restrict tournaments to members and do not overlap in users they serve. This is not true for 3 particular private clubs who all serve same group of users. Every effort is make to avoid overlap or conflict and I like applause both Abalucy and Topflight for their ongoing cooperation re scheduling events. Third club in this mix is Stars and Yellows and manager of this club is also trying very hard to cooperate to avoid conflict. Thank you all.

Except for this 3 clubs I am not aware of any other private clubs with conflict issues past or present.
Gweny :-)

#3 User is offline   xx1943 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 2004-May-12, 01:04

spwdo, on May 11 2004, 05:19 PM, said:

It gets to me, all are free off course to do what they like but maybe im evenly free to , can someone explain me while majority of tds try to provide a full schedule wich woud benefit all while some just do things as they see fit and dont care/respect others their work .

Hope you are not complaining about me. I directed tournaments just few times. I'm not so experienced. Please tell me, if I did something wrong.
I'm trying to do my best.
sincerly
ALBRECHT
Play Bridge for fun and entertainment and to meet nice people.
BAD bidding may be succesful due to excellent play, but not vice versa.
Teaching in the BIL TUE 8:00am CET.

Lessons available. For INFO look here: Play bridge with Al

#4 User is offline   miss blue 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2004-May-12, 08:42

sorry my english is very bad :o , but i hope you'll understand what i want to say.
i want to bring my support to MARC . :o
we are several TDS who are playing our tourneys regulary at same time and same day . we try to do that in harmony, friendship and ... honesty...without hurts . we respect our friends TDs and there labor ...
but since few weeks , regulary a TD(and some else) is putting a tourney with similar description and restrictions, just 5 mns before starting ours. this same TD asks us to enter our tourney as co direktor , and then he has a behavior like a chief of all TDS: he seems to appropriet all events as his owns . in apparence all are his friends and he sends all much hearts but in reality his behavior schows the volontary to have a power on BBO and TDs. he is trying to control all events and to be omnipresent .
i think that this TD is trying to make believe at the leaders of BBO that he is representativ of much people : but he isnt .
Stop using bbo as a video game or like role play.
i am not sure that this person is avoiding to make conflicts . what is important is the fact that all what happens is done on purpose.
:o

#5 User is offline   inquiry 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin
  • Interests:Bridge, what else?

Posted 2004-May-12, 08:50

WElcome to the BBF Miss Blue.

Your english is fine. We understand.

Ben
--Ben--

#6 User is offline   hrothgar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:Travel
    Cooking
    Brewing
    Hiking

Posted 2004-May-12, 09:47

Can't say that I see any reason to get too worked up out this one.
The strong tournaments will survive.
The weak will fall by the way side...
Alderaan delenda est

#7 User is offline   spwdo 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2004-May-12, 10:28

xx1943, on May 12 2004, 04:04 PM, said:

spwdo, on May 11 2004, 05:19 PM, said:

Hope you are not complaining about me. I directed tournaments just few times. I'm not so experienced. Please tell me, if I did something wrong.
I'm trying to do my best.
sincerly
ALBRECHT

hi not about you.

I think we talking here about someone we over and over ask not to do these kind of things, most new tds when they host first tournaments and unaware about schedule are explained schedule need and /provide the link to the schedule .
This is so much more then just delibartely trying to get credits for things he asks others to do for him.

spwdo
"if you fail at your first attempt , maybe skydiving is not for you".

#8 User is offline   uday 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2004-May-12, 11:37

If you have a complaint about a specific TD or TDs, pls email it to gweny or myself

#9 User is offline   Frosty 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 2004-May-12, 22:36

;) Whew - at least this time I know its not me

Frosty

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users