BBO Discussion Forums: Web page of genius Lukasz Slawinski - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Web page of genius Lukasz Slawinski Who invent the lamp?

#1 User is offline   mishovnbg 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Interests:Bridge - new bidding systems, psyches; Computers - education, service, program; Computer games great fan :-)

Posted 2004-April-25, 02:27

http://www.new-bridge.net

Hope you will enjoy there like me friends! Misho

P.S. Nice stuff for Ben&Zar too: Zar points or NATural VALuation?
MishoVnBg

#2 User is offline   csdenmark 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2004-April-25, 03:58

Not much bridge there Misho and absolute nothing of that stuff which has made the name Slawinski famous. :huh:

#3 User is offline   mishovnbg 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Bridge - new bidding systems, psyches; Computers - education, service, program; Computer games great fan :-)

Posted 2004-April-25, 04:06

Depend of level of your understanding what is important to win at bridge table Claus, as well as what is bridge system - openings or continuations :huh:
Misho
MishoVnBg

#4 User is offline   Flame 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2004-April-25, 06:05

Evaluation guys have no mercy, now i have to read this. why do they make it so long ? (yes i know about the brief at the end, but thats not intresting)

#5 User is offline   csdenmark 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2004-April-25, 06:26

mishovnbg, on Apr 25 2004, 12:06 PM, said:

Depend of level of your understanding what is important to win at bridge table Claus, as well as what is bridge system - openings or continuations :huh:
Misho

As well as me Misho you can see what is there.

Regres?

Lambda?

Bez Nazwy? (No Name)

Lukand Major?

Delta?

Anti-Delta?

No Misho nothing of that is there. You know quite well to find the important stuff you need to have the books. On WEB you find something of the real stuff by Longin Bartnik and some inspired from that by Waldemar Galek and Longin Bartnik. All on Brydz server and all in polish language.

In english language on WEB the sources are scarce. You find a personal interpretation of Regres called Regression by Marcel den Broederer and Regres, Bez Nazwy and Lambda on my WEB-sites.

Recently Dan Neill have succeeded to produce a translation of Longin Bartnik's system 'SuperLambda'. From that I expect to be able to adopt the missing features for Suspensor. In the autumn I plan to produce files for 'Lukand Major.'

The WEB-site you refer to is mainly a reprint of the rubbish artcile fighting the regulators from 1975. That was the days of freedom movements all over in Eastern Europe and the beginning of the Solidarnosc area in Poland. Simply expressing the longin for westernized freedom of speech. I dont know how much knowledge bulgarians had of that kind of struggle - it was the days I was active in Amnesty Internationals campaigns for freedom behind the iron curtain. I remember several letters by me for Zhivkov on behalf of innocent bulgarian freedom fighters.

#6 User is offline   the hog 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Wagner and Bridge

Posted 2004-April-25, 16:54

Thanks Misho. A very useful site with details of Slawinski's leading methods.
"The King of Hearts a broadsword bears, the Queen of Hearts a rose." W. H. Auden.

#7 User is offline   inquiry 

• Group: Admin
  • Interests:Bridge, what else?

Posted 2004-April-26, 17:45

Perhaps Claus has a different standard of what is useful. Thanks Misho, I agree with Ron, some thought provoking stuff in there.

Ben
--Ben--

#8 User is offline   csdenmark 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2004-April-26, 18:23

inquiry, on Apr 27 2004, 01:45 AM, said:

Perhaps Claus has a different standard of what is useful. Thanks Misho, I agree with Ron, some thought provoking stuff in there.

Ben

No Ben I dont think so. Slawinski/Ruminski are not famous and are not known due to old outdated statements made by young enthusiastic bridge players. They are known and famous because they have been able to create some good and practical tools based on theory. Others have done something similar. By that time several of the systems we today regard as something very special were created.

Slawinski/Ruminski did not create one system based on one theory. They used their theory and created many systems based on the same theory. All as examples of the univesality of the theory.The famous was not a specific creation but the ability to convert the theory into something for practical use for many. The way they did that - is the way all can walk benefitting from the theory.

That's the famous of those 2 persons - and not any of their specific creations.

The WEB-site looks obsolete to me.

PS! At least one of the uploaded articles might be violating copyright-legislation.

#9 User is offline   the hog 

Posted 2004-April-26, 18:56

Claus, be aware the Slawinski has done a LOT more than ceate systems based on weak opening theories. His book on leads and signalling, "Systems in Defence" and his exposition of Combine signals is a classic imho.

Furthermore he has pionered work in other areas of bidding theory such as the "end signal" which was developed together with Andrzej Orlow and which is used in virtually all serious relay systems today, the "jumping shortness " convention and also in probability theory based on 2 suited openings. The lead ideas alone make the site a worthwhile one.

Here is another thread:
http://members.ams.c...enbe/index.html

Remember: De gustibus non est disputandum.

Finally, I sent you a full copy of Suspensor over a year ago. It is far too difficult a system for a casual partnership.
"The King of Hearts a broadsword bears, the Queen of Hearts a rose." W. H. Auden.

#10 User is offline   MarceldB 

• PipPipPip

Posted 2004-April-27, 02:47

The_Hog, on Apr 26 2004, 07:56 PM, said:

"jumping shortness " convention

Just for the sake of good order: this convention originally belongs to Marek Glowacki,
but that does not alter the spirit of your posting at all
------

To Claus:

If you read carefully his writings I should not say : "old outdated statements made by young enthusiastic bridge players"

The Advantages etc. 1978 (note = 15 years àfter the start of WOS style):
Do not forget that from end 1977 the regulations were there. Imagine his place. Knowing that your bridge view - totally different from the normal ones - is much better in your opinion, but now prohibited.
I should be very disappointed or even furious too.
In this view I understand the "pamflet way" with many bold one-liners of this article.

Codifications of Bids 1978:
A fundamental and well documentated article

Combine Leads:
Needs no reference

Cogito Ergo 1995:
As far as I know the first one mentioning this problem

All real theoretical bridge matters (with a fresh and uncommon view and still up to date),
so I really do not understand your opinion Claus.

Regards,
Marcel
freedom to use any bidding system
is vital to the development of bidding theory

Lukasz Slawinski, 1978

#11 User is offline   csdenmark 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2004-April-27, 04:35

Ron you might very well be right that I have received a version of Suspensor from you. I once had an english version, I think created in Canada. This was not correct - it was a private interpretation and not complete. I cannot find that one anymore so either deleted or renamed.

The only doc-version of Suspensor I today have on my PC is a polish one received from Poland I remember. I think it is the Longin Bartnik Web-sites but really dont know. Ron if you have a correct version of Suspensor in any other language than polish I will be very interested. It is the 6-9 and 10-12 bids which differs the system from Bez Nazwy. Those I cannot figure out in polish - but I think the 10-12 section is in english in Superlambda file.

I dont agree that Suspensor is complicated. I play Bez Nazwy with new partners - most hungarians, bulgarians, russians and poles. Maybe you think of T-Rex. Those files I still have but they are really complicated - as you rightfully have stated earlier.

Marcel I remember very well your work for abolishing ban of restrictions. That dont change my view that after the Wall has come down also the poles now knows that fighting regulators is nothing else than confirming their power. Nothing they like more than that. The only way to fight such is disobedience.

#12 User is offline   MarceldB 

• PipPipPip

Posted 2004-April-27, 05:55

csdenmark, on Apr 27 2004, 05:35 AM, said:

Marcel I remember very well your work for abolishing ban of restrictions. That dont change my view that after the Wall has come down also the poles now knows that fighting regulators is nothing else than confirming their power. Nothing they like more than that. The only way to fight such is disobedience.

I'm sorry but I do not see any connection between the fall of The Wall and Slawinski's much earlier dated pamflet regarding restrictions/regulations, specially if you still can read serious Australian or USA-origin articles/e-mails in f.e. rec.games.bridge about this subject.

"The only way to fight such is disobedience."
And if you would like to play official competition?
In the framework of the regulations I search for borderlines. F.e. reading well the HUM/BS regulations, they can not forbid that opposite Precision you can play a HUM-system.
(chicken versus egg is no issue!). I have checked it in Holland already.
Same regarding Encrypted signals: they can not forbid Encrypted Leads

I will leave this issue now;
but what about the other articles on Slawinski's site, Claus?
Which are much more of interest.

Cheers,
Marcel

Lukasz Slawinski, 1978

#13 User is offline   the hog 

Posted 2004-April-27, 16:31

"In the framework of the regulations I search for borderlines. F.e. reading well the HUM/BS regulations, they can not forbid that opposite Precision you can play a HUM-system."

Interesting point, Marcel. This is correct in Australia as well as "any system is allowed in defence of an artificial club".

I take it the web site whose link I posted is yours?

#14 User is offline   MarceldB 

• PipPipPip

Posted 2004-April-27, 17:27

The_Hog, on Apr 27 2004, 05:31 PM, said:

I take it the web site whose link I posted is yours?

Yes indeed Ron.

Site is in progress constantly. If you look at the bidding contests you get a good view of the built-in possibilities.
I'm busy now with all the interference schemes. As far as possible system-on.

Regards,
Marcel

P.S. dated 09-23-04 url has changed of my site
please use this one now:
http://members.ams.c...der4/index.html

Lukasz Slawinski, 1978

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic