BBO Discussion Forums: Hand evaluation - BBO Discussion Forums

Jump to content

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Hand evaluation would you open this hand?

Poll: What you you bid? (22 member(s) have cast votes)

What you you bid?

  1. pass (5 votes [22.73%])

    Percentage of vote: 22.73%

  2. 1D (14 votes [63.64%])

    Percentage of vote: 63.64%

  3. 2D (2 votes [9.09%])

    Percentage of vote: 9.09%

  4. other (1 votes [4.55%])

    Percentage of vote: 4.55%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 User is offline   andrei 

  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Posts: 333
  • Joined: 2008-March-31

Posted 2008-December-31, 13:27

playing 2/1, MP, fav

RHO pass in first seat

you hold:

♠ 9x
♥ KJT9
♦ KQJTxx
♣ x

what now?
Don't argue with a fool. He has a rested brain
Before internet age you had a suspicion there are lots of "not-so-smart" people on the planet. Now you even know their names.
0

#2 User is offline   gnasher 

  • Andy Bowles
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 11,993
  • Joined: 2007-May-03
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:London, UK

Posted 2008-December-31, 13:59

I'd open. I usually add about 3 points for being 6-4.
... that would still not be conclusive proof, before someone wants to explain that to me as well as if I was a 5 year-old. - gwnn
0

#3 User is offline   Cascade 

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Yellows
  • Posts: 6,772
  • Joined: 2003-July-22
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Zealand
  • Interests:Juggling, Unicycling

Posted 2008-December-31, 15:15

I open at favourable.

I might open a weak two at other vulnerabilities.
Wayne Burrows

I believe that the USA currently hold only the World Championship For People Who Still Bid Like Your Auntie Gladys - dburn
dunno how to play 4 card majors - JLOGIC
True but I know Standard American and what better reason could I have for playing Precision? - Hideous Hog
Bidding is an estimation of probabilities SJ Simon

#4 User is offline   Winstonm 

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 17,289
  • Joined: 2005-January-08
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Tulsa, Oklahoma
  • Interests:Art, music

Posted 2008-December-31, 15:18

I consider myself somewhat stodgy when it comes to opening hands, but I would open this 1D in any seat at any vulnerability.
"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."
0

#5 User is offline   Fluffy 

  • World International Master without a clue
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 17,404
  • Joined: 2003-November-13
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:madrid

Posted 2008-December-31, 15:55

1D, or 3D, never 2 and never pass.

At second position I feel more like 3D.
0

#6 User is offline   whereagles 

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 14,900
  • Joined: 2004-May-11
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Portugal
  • Interests:Everything!

Posted 2008-December-31, 17:29

Open all the time. This hand has huge playing strength.
0

#7 User is offline   jdonn 

  • - - T98765432 AQT8
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 15,085
  • Joined: 2005-June-23
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Las Vegas, NV

Posted 2008-December-31, 17:37

I open. Please don't double anything partner.
Please let me know about any questions or interest or bug reports about GIB.
0

#8 User is offline   H_KARLUK 

  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Posts: 973
  • Joined: 2006-March-17
  • Gender:Male

Posted 2008-December-31, 18:05

1♦
We all know that light travels faster than sound. That's why certain people appear bright until you hear them speak. Quoted by Albert Einstein.
0

#9 User is offline   nige1 

  • 5-level belongs to me
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 9,128
  • Joined: 2004-August-30
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Glasgow Scotland
  • Interests:Poems Computers

Posted 2008-December-31, 22:17

andrei, on Dec 31 2008, 02:27 PM, said:

playing 2/1, MP, fav RHO pass in first seat you hold: ♠ 9x ♥ KJT9 ♦ KQJTxx ♣ x
IMO 1♦ = 10, _P = 9, 2♦ = 8,
0

#10 User is offline   Codo 

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 6,373
  • Joined: 2003-March-15
  • Location:Hamburg, Germany
  • Interests:games and sports, esp. bridge,chess and (beach-)volleyball

Posted 2009-January-01, 15:16

jdonn, on Jan 1 2009, 08:37 AM, said:

I open. Please don't double anything partner.

:) nicely said...
Kind Regards

Roland


Sanity Check: Failure (Fluffy)
More system is not the answer...
0

#11 User is offline   cherdano 

  • 5555
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 9,520
  • Joined: 2003-September-04
  • Gender:Male

Posted 2009-January-01, 20:09

jdonn, on Dec 31 2008, 05:37 PM, said:

I open. Please don't double anything partner.

So you can open...but what if your partner holds this hand???
The easiest way to count losers is to line up the people who talk about loser count, and count them. -Kieran Dyke
0

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users