After partner opens 1♦ what do you prefer with:
♠ 9 7 5 3
♥ Q 4
♦ Q T 9 8 6
♣ K 2
I understand that SAYC books say 1 of a 4-card major is the first choice, but what when the you have only 7HCP, the 4 crad major suit is so weak, and minor support is as it is?
Page 1 of 1
Support minor or bid major ?
#2
Posted 2008-December-05, 04:34
1♠.
I would always bid spades with a real responding hand, such as your example. Only with a hand too weak for a traditional response would I bypass the spades. So, if we replace the ♣K with the ♣2, I would raise diamonds (3♦ preemptive, if available).
I would always bid spades with a real responding hand, such as your example. Only with a hand too weak for a traditional response would I bypass the spades. So, if we replace the ♣K with the ♣2, I would raise diamonds (3♦ preemptive, if available).
That's impossible. No one can give more than one hundred percent. By definition that is the most anyone can give.
#3
Posted 2008-December-05, 10:01
Yes absolutely 1S!
There are hands where I might decide not to show a 4-card major but they are rare and if you just always bid your major you'll do fine.
Whoops, I forgot that with a gameforcing hand you tend to bid your suits in the natural order, so with KQxx Axx x AQJxx you'd start with 2C.
There are hands where I might decide not to show a 4-card major but they are rare and if you just always bid your major you'll do fine.
Whoops, I forgot that with a gameforcing hand you tend to bid your suits in the natural order, so with KQxx Axx x AQJxx you'd start with 2C.
If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion. :)
#4
Posted 2008-December-05, 11:16
1♠ is fine. If partner doesnt support your ♠ and bids 1nt you can put him back to 2♦ - nothing lost.
It is not because things are difficult that we do not dare, it is because we do not dare that they are difficult.
Bridge should be fun!
Bridge should be fun!
Page 1 of 1

Help
