• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Attorney General Gonzales In or Out?

#21 User is offline   pbleighton 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2007-March-25, 22:24

Gonzales is an accurate reflection of his boss: dishonest and incompetent. He will probably stay.

Peter

#22 User is offline   hrothgar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Travel
    Cooking
    Brewing
    Hiking

Posted 2007-March-26, 07:12

Josh Marshall has a very good piece about the Gonzales affair on Talking Point Memos

http://www.talkingpo...ives/013251.php
Alderaan delenda est

#23 User is offline   pbleighton 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2007-March-26, 09:47

Marshall broke the story, with huge help from his 100,000 plus readers. I was fascinated to whatch how it spread to the other liberal blogs, then slowly out to the MSM, and now it's Officially Big News.

This story might never have been revealed in the pre-internet days.

Peter

#24 User is offline   luke warm 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Bridge, poker, politics

Posted 2007-March-26, 11:20

pbleighton, on Mar 26 2007, 10:47 AM, said:

This story might never have been revealed in the pre-internet days.

thank you, al gore... the internet *and* saving the planet from man's ruthless attempt to destroy her, and all in under 20 years
"Paul Krugman is a stupid person's idea of what a smart person sounds like." Newt Gingrich (paraphrased)

#25 User is offline   hrothgar 

Cooking
    Brewing
    Hiking

Posted 2007-March-26, 11:32

luke warm, on Mar 26 2007, 08:20 PM, said:

thank you, al gore... the internet *and* saving the planet from man's ruthless attempt to destroy her, and all in under 20 years

I know that Fox News, Rush Limbaugh, and Bill O'Reilly really love to claim that Al Gore said that he invented the Internet. However, this is yet another big lie from the "freakshow". Sadly enough, there are lots of folks like you still stupid enough to believe and repeat the talking points even though they was debunked years ago.

Salon has a good summary that they posted a couple years back
http://dir.salon.com/story/tech/col/rose/2...rnet/index.html
Alderaan delenda est

#26 User is offline   luke warm 

Posted 2007-March-26, 14:21

ok, so he merely took the initiative in creating it... and now he's trying to save us from ourselves... what a man... btw, i didn't say he invented the net, read it again... but sadly enough, there are still lots of folks like you stupid enough to misstate simple sentances
"Paul Krugman is a stupid person's idea of what a smart person sounds like." Newt Gingrich (paraphrased)

#27 User is offline   Al_U_Card 

Posted 2007-March-26, 14:41

:) Look Mommy! The monkees are throwing their doody at each other! :D

No matter how the subjects of your posts act, you guys should know better....
The Grand Design, reflected in the face of Chaos...it's a fluke!

#28 User is offline   hrothgar 

Cooking
    Brewing
    Hiking

Posted 2007-March-26, 14:47

luke warm, on Mar 26 2007, 11:21 PM, said:

ok, so he merely took the initiative in creating it... and now he's trying to save us from ourselves... what a man... btw, i didn't say he invented the net, read it again... but sadly enough, there are still lots of folks like you stupid enough to misstate simple sentances

You're quite correct. You didn't explictly state "Al Gore claims that he invented the Internet", however, the intent was pretty damn clear.

In all seriousness, can you offer any plausible explanation for your original post that isn't realted to that idiotic scandal from a few years back?
Alderaan delenda est

#29 User is offline   Winstonm 

• Interests:Art, music

Posted 2007-March-26, 17:30

The Marshall post brings out the cogent point - we are talking here about systemic bias, not a solitary isolated case. As in alll matters involving this administration, "You are either with us or...."

This admisistration has been vehement about the dangers of a terrorist gaining access to a nuclear weapon - so what does this administration do when someone has the audacity to challenge their conclusions, as Wilson did with the Nigerian yellowcake matter? They responded by exposing a U.S. spy, ruining 20 years worth of work, whose job was in counter-proliferation.

Here is some of her testimony to Congress: (emphasis added)

The harm that is done when a CIA cover is blown is grave but I can't provide details beyond that in this public hearing.

But the concept is obvious. Not only have breaches of national security endangered CIA officers, it has jeopardized and even destroyed entire networks of foreign agents who, in turn, risk their own lives and those of their families to provide the United States with needed intelligence.

Lives are literally at stake. Every single one of my former CIA colleagues, from my fellow covert officers to analysts to technical operations officers to even the secretaries, understand the vulnerabilities of our officers and recognize that the travesty of what happened to me could happen to them.

We in the CIA always know that we might be exposed and threatened by foreign enemies.

It was a terrible irony that administration officials were the ones who destroyed my cover.

"You are either with us or...."
"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere." Black Lives Matter. / "I need ammunition, not a ride." Zelensky

#30 User is offline   luke warm 

Posted 2007-March-26, 17:48

Al_U_Card, on Mar 26 2007, 03:41 PM, said:

No matter how the subjects of your posts act, you guys should know better....

it's true, i should.. that's the first time i've resorted to that type remark (to my memory), but not the first time richard has.. it makes me wonder why you've waited all this time to notice it, or why you've not brought him to task the countless other opportunities you've had to do so

hrothgar said:

In all seriousness, can you offer any plausible explanation for your original post that isn't realted to that idiotic scandal from a few years back?

sure... from the link you posted: "What he said was: During my service in the United States Congress I took the initiative in creating the Internet." that seems to fit the definition of 'plausible'

#31 User is offline   mike777 

Posted 2007-March-26, 20:15

In thy faint slumbers I by thee have watch'd
And heard three murmur tales of iron wars...

Henry IV, Part One, Act III, Scene 5

#32 User is offline   Winstonm 

• Interests:Art, music

Posted 2007-March-26, 21:31

Alex: You needn't take it any further, sir. You've proved to me that all this ultraviolence and killing is wrong, wrong, and terribly wrong. I've learned me lesson, sir. I've seen now what I've never seen before. I'm cured! Praise god!

Dr. Brodsky: You're not cured yet, boy.

Anthony Burgess, "A Clockwork Orange"
"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere." Black Lives Matter. / "I need ammunition, not a ride." Zelensky

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users