• « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Propaganda SpinMasters At Work? Iran and its nuclear capability

#181 User is offline   mike777 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2007-February-24, 15:26

I am unsure what you mean by the phrase Iran "advocates" that Iran switch to the Euro in pricing oil. If they really want to do it, do it. I have no idea if that is best or not for Iran but I assume they do know.

If it is best for Iran and they do not switch that seems idiotic. Why do something that is worse for your country in the long run. Again I have no idea what is best for Iran's long term interests. Hard enough guessing what the answer is for the USA. :blink:

#182 User is offline   Winstonm 

• Interests:Art, music

Posted 2007-February-26, 22:15

Here's another interesting fact from Wikpedia:

Iran has a legal right to enrich uranium for peaceful purposes under the NPT. Iran, and many other developing nations who are signatories to the NPT, believe the Western position to be hypocritical, claiming that the NPT's original purpose was universal nuclear disarmament. Iran also compares its treatment as a signatory to the NPT with three nations that have not ratified the NPT. Each of these nations developed an indigenous nuclear weapons capability: Israel by 1968, India by 1974, and Pakistan by 1998.

According to the Non-Proliferation Treaty, Iran has a perfect legal right to enrich uranium for peaceful purposes.
"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere." Black Lives Matter. / "I need ammunition, not a ride." Zelensky

#183 User is offline   Winstonm 

Posted 2007-February-27, 20:46

For all the talk about how much a threat Iran is due to its president, Ahmadinejad, this should be a wake up call as to who runs that country:

TEHRAN, Iran - President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad faced a new round of sharp criticism at home Monday.  The criticism came even as new signs have arisen that Iran's supreme leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei is growing discontented with Ahmadinejad, whom he is believed to have supported in 2005 presidential elections.

ADVERTISEMENT

Last week, Khamenei voiced rare criticism of the domestic performance of Ahmadinejad's government, and the president was notably absent when a group of Cabinet members and vice presidents met with Khamenei, who has the final word in all political affairs in Iran, including the nuclear issue.

But all we hear is how a crazy madman runs this country.....
"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere." Black Lives Matter. / "I need ammunition, not a ride." Zelensky

#184 User is offline   mike777 

Posted 2007-February-27, 20:52

Winstonm, on Feb 27 2007, 09:46 PM, said:

For all the talk about how much a threat Iran is due to its president, Ahmadinejad, this should be a wake up call as to who runs that country:

TEHRAN, Iran - President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad faced a new round of sharp criticism at home Monday.  The criticism came even as new signs have arisen that Iran's supreme leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei is growing discontented with Ahmadinejad, whom he is believed to have supported in 2005 presidential elections.

ADVERTISEMENT

Last week, Khamenei voiced rare criticism of the domestic performance of Ahmadinejad's government, and the president was notably absent when a group of Cabinet members and vice presidents met with Khamenei, who has the final word in all political affairs in Iran, including the nuclear issue.

But all we hear is how a crazy madman runs this country.....

Hmm....and who elected this so called madman or at least permits him to stay in power. :)

right the American people elected GW. ;)

#185 User is offline   Winstonm 

Posted 2007-February-27, 21:01

Hmm....and who elected this so called madman or at least permits him to stay in power.

That is the point - the man has no power. The only one in Iran with power is the Supreme Leader, and the SL ain't too frickin' thrilled with Ahmadnejed's antics.

• 10 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users