Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Desktop Platform I would like to download the desktop version of BBO

#1 User is offline   kipper 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2013-December-17, 11:44

When BBO first started I was able to download a desktop platform rather than the online one. I have it on very good authority that while this is an option the powers to be prefer that users connect through the online version. Having said that, is it possible to use the old desktop version and if so how?

#2 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2013-December-17, 11:50

View Postkipper, on 2013-December-17, 11:44, said:

When BBO first started I was able to download a desktop platform rather than the online one. I have it on very good authority that while this is an option the powers to be prefer that users connect through the online version. Having said that, is it possible to use the old desktop version and if so how?

Yes, the old version still works. We stopped making any changes to it years ago, and there are some new games that can't be played on it (such as Bridge Bingo, Instant Tournaments, and Solitaire Bridge). You have to be using an account that was created before September, 2012 -- the intent is to allow old users who are used to that version to keep using it ("if you like your BBO app, you can keep your BBO app"), but we hope it will eventually fade away by attrition.

#3 User is offline   kenberg 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2013-December-17, 11:55

Try
http://www.bridgebas...ide_for_bbo.php

I still use the old version myself, although if I am watching vugraph I use the online version since I can listen to as well as read comments.
Ken

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users