• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Banned for spamming

#1 User is offline   Aberlour10 

• Vugrapholic
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2013-March-12, 03:35

I got 2 min ban for spamming after I tried to get to the indy tournament where the max. number of participants has been already reached.
In this case I always try to get in clicking the request several times and its often sucessfull if smbd cancel the registration, I never thought
this "method" could be a reason for banning. Is this really neccessary and is the ban longer if this happen another one or two more times?
Preempts are Aberlour's best bridge friends

#2 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2013-March-12, 08:20

I think that's just an unintended side effect. The code just looks for someone doing the same thing repeatedly, we didn't think of this exception.

#3 User is offline   Zelandakh 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2013-March-12, 09:56

It does not seem to look for someone trying to join a table repeatedly, since we have a crazy person in the Acol club who does this regularly.

Edit: please note, I write "crazy" knowingly, not as a disparaging comment towards the mentally ill. This person also does things like sending threatening messages and other "unusual" actions. Most likely they will get banned one day. I will not be reporting them though - it is easier to keep track of such users without a ban rather than have them create a new account.
(-: Zel :-)

#4 User is offline   Heron 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2013-December-19, 22:29

Just happened to me, too. In my case it was for multiple attempts to invite somebody to a tournament. (Partner's connection dropped for unknown reasons and we were going right up to the wire trying to get into the 6pm ACBL speedball game, so I was clicking every few seconds hoping for it to register.) Of course just as she came in *I* got punted for spamming!

While I understand what you're trying to prevent, maybe it's another sort of uncompletable action that shouldn't count on the spam counter?

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users