• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

A silly auction

#1 User is offline   fuburules3 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2012-August-18, 21:42

http://tinyurl.com/8cvx3tm

This one isn't going to win any IBPA awards . . .

Not trying to defend my own bidding necessarily, but over 3D south has a real problem. 3H is described as "12-15 with rebiddable hearts" and 4H is described as showing 4- hearts and biddable hearts (so 4 i guess?) and something like 20 points. It would be nice if 4H could show good hearts in this auction or 3H could be stronger. Suggestions on how to bid this with GIB appreciated. My first instinct was to blast 4H, which is the winning action with GIB, but doesn't really feel like it should be necessary.

Also, it would not occur to me to bid 3D with GIB's hand.

#2 User is offline   georgi 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Yellows

Posted 2012-September-15, 10:11

View Postfuburules3, on 2012-August-18, 21:42, said:

http://tinyurl.com/8cvx3tm

This one isn't going to win any IBPA awards . . .

Not trying to defend my own bidding necessarily, but over 3D south has a real problem. 3H is described as "12-15 with rebiddable hearts" and 4H is described as showing 4- hearts and biddable hearts (so 4 i guess?) and something like 20 points. It would be nice if 4H could show good hearts in this auction or 3H could be stronger. Suggestions on how to bid this with GIB appreciated. My first instinct was to blast 4H, which is the winning action with GIB, but doesn't really feel like it should be necessary.

Also, it would not occur to me to bid 3D with GIB's hand.

Actually the rule beneath 4 was ok, just the explanation given carries bad info. So GIB would understand the call.

Fixed for the next updated where 4 or other suit in the same meaning will show - -- strong rebiddable X; 15+ total points

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users