BBO Discussion Forums: How to end a team game early (and "cleanly") - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

How to end a team game early (and "cleanly")

#1 User is offline   BudH 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Interests:Operations Supervisor/Technical Advisor at nuclear power plant, soccer and basketball referee for more than 25 years; GLM; Ex-Head (Game) Director at South Bend (Indiana) Bridge Club; avid student of bridge law and game movements

Posted 2020-March-30, 14:21

I set up a team game for 16 boards. We had to end the game with my table completing 12 boards and the other table completing 9 boards.

How do I "cleanly" end the game? I logged out but when I log in again, it put me at my table seat for the team game. I checked the Director tab and nothing there helped me end the game and close the table immediately, and so the boards we played will be viewable later in our MyHands history.

Also, is there any way to change the number of boards in a match after you started?

If I click "Cancel Tournament" as the Director, will all the boards played still show up in our MyHands?

#2 User is offline   paulg 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2020-March-30, 15:13

View PostBudH, on 2020-March-30, 14:21, said:

I set up a team game for 16 boards. We had to end the game with my table completing 12 boards and the other table completing 9 boards.

How do I "cleanly" end the game? I logged out but when I log in again, it put me at my table seat for the team game. I checked the Director tab and nothing there helped me end the game and close the table immediately, and so the boards we played will be viewable later in our MyHands history.

Also, is there any way to change the number of boards in a match after you started?

If I click "Cancel Tournament" as the Director, will all the boards played still show up in our MyHands?

There is no clean way to end the game, you have to cancel the tournament and the results will be lost. You cannot change the number of boards once it has started.
The Beer Card

I don't work for BBO and any advice is based on my BBO experience over the decades

#3 User is offline   BudH 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Interests:Operations Supervisor/Technical Advisor at nuclear power plant, soccer and basketball referee for more than 25 years; GLM; Ex-Head (Game) Director at South Bend (Indiana) Bridge Club; avid student of bridge law and game movements

Posted 2020-March-31, 01:09

View Postpaulg, on 2020-March-30, 15:13, said:

There is no clean way to end the game, you have to cancel the tournament and the results will be lost. You cannot change the number of boards once it has started.

I left the game active and eventually it ended automatically giving no score for unplayed boards.

#4 User is offline   paulg 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2020-March-31, 03:50

View PostBudH, on 2020-March-31, 01:09, said:

I left the game active and eventually it ended automatically giving no score for unplayed boards.

I don't work for BBO and don't know their policy, but I'd be very wary of leaving team matches running in the hope of them timing out. If BBO have to get involved with abandoned tournaments and team matches, then they may remove the privileges of those running them.
The Beer Card

I don't work for BBO and any advice is based on my BBO experience over the decades

#5 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2020-March-31, 08:06

View Postpaulg, on 2020-March-31, 03:50, said:

I don't work for BBO and don't know their policy, but I'd be very wary of leaving team matches running in the hope of them timing out. If BBO have to get involved with abandoned tournaments and team matches, then they may remove the privileges of those running them.

Don't worry about this. The server automatically kills them if they've been idle for too long.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users