BBO Discussion Forums: Sub replaced by original in teams - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Sub replaced by original in teams I thought I did them a favor

#1 User is offline   helene_t 

• The Abbess
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2005-September-19, 05:09

It has happened several (I think three) times to me now:

A teams match asks for subs. I join the sub list and am invited. After having played a few cards, I'm replaced. I suspect I was replaced by the original player.

I noticed that some tournament directors have the policy of not replacing subs with the original player.

I can see some arguments for both lines, so although it's quite irritating to be replaced without having done anything wrong, I'm not arguing that it should be disallowed.

However, I think the teams match hosts should at least take the necessary measures to lessen the annoyance for their subs:
- Wait a minute or something before subbing to reduce the likelihood that the original player returns.
- Before replacing, issue an apology.

Maybe it should be mandatory to state in the turnament/teams match description whether subs will/may be replaced or not.

Of course, if my partner realizes that we're incompatible (skills, bidding system, language) it's fair but what has happened three times now was that I was replaced before having had the opportunity to do something stupid.
The world would be such a happy place, if only everyone played Acol :) --- TramTicket

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users