BBO Discussion Forums: Player Rating in BBO Premium? - BBO Discussion Forums

Jump to content

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Player Rating in BBO Premium?

#1 User is offline   cjc2005 

  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2
  • Joined: 2017-June-28

Posted 2026-September-27, 09:07

With the arrival of BBO Premium, is it time to introduce a player rating? Any thoughts? Thanks!
0

#2 User is offline   EugeneLS 

  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 25
  • Joined: 2026-July-30
  • Gender:Male

Posted 2026-September-27, 16:32

I'm not sure if it would work - in particular for those (like myself) who play mostly in the 'Social' area.

I have a strong suspicion that many players are over-stating their ability in their profile. But that can't be helped. One soon learns to spot the 'palooka' in our midst and make allowance for them.

Having said that, I don't understand the "BXP" system at all. It doesn't seem to be a measure of player's ability. Perhaps someone could explain?
0

#3 User is offline   Rfulrabbit 

  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 23
  • Joined: 2020-June-18

Posted 2026-September-28, 09:32

I think the BXP is cumulative, just keeps growing and growing as you play the pointed games.
And no, I do not want rating because random partners can do a number on you and the robot is too crazy to club you.
You also get lots of unethical players raiding newbies.

I manage by never playing with self rated world class, just like I avoid dating brad pitt on my phone. Too good to be true.

I also avoid experts who still roam about opening every 12hco they see and allow splinter points before bidding begins .

Nope, no rating.
0

#4 User is offline   Rfulrabbit 

  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 23
  • Joined: 2020-June-18

Posted 2026-September-28, 09:35

View PostEugeneLS, on 2026-September-27, 16:32, said:

I'm not sure if it would work - in particular for those (like myself) who play mostly in the 'Social' area.

I have a strong suspicion that many players are over-stating their ability in their profile. But that can't be helped. One soon learns to spot the 'palooka' in our midst and make allowance for them.

Having said that, I don't understand the "BXP" system at all. It doesn't seem to be a measure of player's ability. Perhaps someone could explain?


Don't offend palookas. They usually rate themselves as they are, actually
0

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users