With the arrival of BBO Premium, is it time to introduce a player rating? Any thoughts? Thanks!
Page 1 of 1
Player Rating in BBO Premium?
#2
Posted 2026-September-27, 16:32
I'm not sure if it would work - in particular for those (like myself) who play mostly in the 'Social' area.
I have a strong suspicion that many players are over-stating their ability in their profile. But that can't be helped. One soon learns to spot the 'palooka' in our midst and make allowance for them.
Having said that, I don't understand the "BXP" system at all. It doesn't seem to be a measure of player's ability. Perhaps someone could explain?
I have a strong suspicion that many players are over-stating their ability in their profile. But that can't be helped. One soon learns to spot the 'palooka' in our midst and make allowance for them.
Having said that, I don't understand the "BXP" system at all. It doesn't seem to be a measure of player's ability. Perhaps someone could explain?
#3
Posted 2026-September-28, 09:32
I think the BXP is cumulative, just keeps growing and growing as you play the pointed games.
And no, I do not want rating because random partners can do a number on you and the robot is too crazy to club you.
You also get lots of unethical players raiding newbies.
I manage by never playing with self rated world class, just like I avoid dating brad pitt on my phone. Too good to be true.
I also avoid experts who still roam about opening every 12hco they see and allow splinter points before bidding begins .
Nope, no rating.
And no, I do not want rating because random partners can do a number on you and the robot is too crazy to club you.
You also get lots of unethical players raiding newbies.
I manage by never playing with self rated world class, just like I avoid dating brad pitt on my phone. Too good to be true.
I also avoid experts who still roam about opening every 12hco they see and allow splinter points before bidding begins .
Nope, no rating.
#4
Posted 2026-September-28, 09:35
EugeneLS, on 2026-September-27, 16:32, said:
I'm not sure if it would work - in particular for those (like myself) who play mostly in the 'Social' area.
I have a strong suspicion that many players are over-stating their ability in their profile. But that can't be helped. One soon learns to spot the 'palooka' in our midst and make allowance for them.
Having said that, I don't understand the "BXP" system at all. It doesn't seem to be a measure of player's ability. Perhaps someone could explain?
I have a strong suspicion that many players are over-stating their ability in their profile. But that can't be helped. One soon learns to spot the 'palooka' in our midst and make allowance for them.
Having said that, I don't understand the "BXP" system at all. It doesn't seem to be a measure of player's ability. Perhaps someone could explain?
Don't offend palookas. They usually rate themselves as they are, actually
Page 1 of 1

Help