BBO Discussion Forums: The Theory of Restricted Choice - BBO Discussion Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Theory of Restricted Choice Any Defence against the Theory?

#21 User is online   smerriman 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2023-November-17, 22:53

View PostCascade, on 2023-November-17, 15:15, said:

You can probably do a better experiment by generating hands with QJ only and forcing GIB to defend on some reasonably straight forward auctions like 1NT 3NT and 1 3 4 etc and observing what GIB does on a much bigger data set.

Well, I just dealt a couple of hundred different random hands with an advanced robot and those conditions at a teaching table, and fourth seat now played the J on 100% of the hands, without a single queen, which is the opposite result to 2020, but equally bad. Something is definitely messed up one way or the other.

#22 User is offline   thepossum 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2023-November-18, 19:03

View Postsmerriman, on 2023-November-17, 22:53, said:

Well, I just dealt a couple of hundred different random hands with an advanced robot and those conditions at a teaching table, and fourth seat now played the J on 100% of the hands, without a single queen, which is the opposite result to 2020, but equally bad. Something is definitely messed up one way or the other.

Maybe it uses the same seed in a session - could be a winning strategy lol

How many such situations do people face on most nights at the club. What did they do last time?

But at the top level of professional bridge I can imagine commentators sitting around discussing it on TV

Interesting hand this one. Hamman has a QJ. What do the stats say

Checking the records, I remember a time he totally fooled the opps at the Worlds

He was toying with the crowd too. Looked every way he was going to play the Q but at the last minute. Wow. The gasps

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users