Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Bidders Challenge Entry Confirmation

#1 User is offline   GuyThomas 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2022-December-18, 05:33

I have entered the Bidders Challenge starting in December 2022. I was hoping to have a confirmation email with my selections. It's three days later now, and I have received nothing. Did I make a mistake and not press 'Enter', or do BBO not send confirmations any more?

Guy Thomas

#2 User is offline   paulsbbo 

• Pip

Posted 2022-December-19, 03:21

View PostGuyThomas, on 2022-December-18, 05:33, said:

I have entered the Bidders Challenge starting in December 2022. I was hoping to have a confirmation email with my selections. It's three days later now, and I have received nothing. Did I make a mistake and not press 'Enter', or do BBO not send confirmations any more?

Guy Thomas

Hello Guy
You should've received an email with your answers pretty much immediately after submitting your bids. I checked and can see you submitted on 13 December. Check your inbox (and spam) again, and let me know how you get on. I'll happily send through again if they aren't there.
Paul

#3 User is offline   Jyrki_63 

• PipPip

Posted 2023-March-13, 06:29

Where are the rules, hands and results of the Bidders Challenge discussed? I see nothing here.

Anyway, there are a number of things I find troubling.

In early March I got the invitation, and proceeded to submit my guesses as to the best bids. But, unlike in the months prior to this, I never got a confirmation e-mail. Instead, late last week I got another e-mail prompting me to submit my bids. Today I did just that. But
- I still did not get any confirmation e-mail.
- The rules of contest apparently prohibit several submissions. Will I now be disqualified?

I don't think I managed to exactly duplicate the answers from the first submission, as the hands are rather wild, and mood will affect my decision.

Don't get me wrong, this kind of a contest is a great idea. But there are kinks to be worked out. At least in my browser I couldn't see the explanations of the alerts (a severe handicap). I then figured out that if you download the pdf-file, the alerts are explained there. Such tips could be stickied somewhere to get new participants up to speed quickly.

Also, as of late it has felt like a contest of figuring out "which overbid will describe this hand the best assuming partner has the right hand" rather than actually evaluating the chances of the said fit. Ok, I'm exaggerating a bit. It is just that I haven't gotten used to the fact that a cautious approach will not win many points here :-). A sound approach may be too take the aggressive approach. Even if the cards were unkind, I will get "protection" from the panelists. More seriously, I do welcome reading the experts discuss a problem somewhat out of my comfort zone. How else could I extend that zone otherwise?

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users