Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Robots and high level bidding

#1 User is offline   goldfolk 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2024-March-13, 07:08

Anybody else finding the robots seem woeful when bidding above 4 Spades. For example the robot had a 2443 shaped hand with 2 aces and 2 small spades. The bidding proceded 2S on the robot's left double from me 4S on its right pass from the robot pass 4NT from me followed by all pass. The 4NT is clearly a two suited hand; how can the robot think this is to play when the original double is take out? 5D is 75% while they cash the first 6 tricks in 4NT. I have noticed this many times and a couple of friends say the same. Any chance of the devs looking at this.

#2 User is offline   thepossum 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2024-March-14, 00:55

There is a special forum for woeful GiB bidding
Also helps if you can post the hand
I don't know if anything ever gets fixed though
On the whole, and this may seem strange, I find after accurate bidding the contracts are usually remrakably accurate and there is often a play - except when missing some key cards. 0 is not an even number of key cards. I will accept 2 or 4 (unusual) as even numbers - and often the void isn't a useful one either - zero is zero and should be bid as such - it's my one main gripe really. Taking the decision away from the Blackwood asker
One of the non-GiB bots has problems with key cards too - I excitedly went to slam once after a wonderful cue bidding sequence to find one of the cue bids was not a control
Another of my GiB faves is that after one of my ambitious shape based 2 club openings it often jumps straight to grand - sorry giving it credit once we find a fit _ I try to game force if I think we are one trick short of game lol
I forget in line with your original above 4S theme - doubles

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users