BBO Discussion Forums: Is this another bid explanation bug? - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Is this another bid explanation bug?

#1 User is offline   DHT84 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2022-October-04, 03:39

Posted Image

Neither 3 or 4 is a preempt after you yourself have opened 1.

I think this is a bug - the program seems to have forgotten that you opened earlier & seems to consider this some of kind of first bid by you.

#2 User is offline   DHT84 

• PipPip

Posted 2022-October-22, 06:46

Apparently this is a weak 2 bid.

Posted Image

#3 User is offline   smerriman 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2022-October-22, 12:48

This only ever happens in the anonymous games, never playing when logged in. I think the anonymous games just use a lesser server, and sometimes some data gets lost along the way.

#4 User is offline   DHT84 

• PipPip

Posted 2022-October-22, 19:17

View Postsmerriman, on 2022-October-22, 12:48, said:

This only ever happens in the anonymous games, never playing when logged in. I think the anonymous games just use a lesser server, and sometimes some data gets lost along the way.

But it's still a bug & even if not fixed should atleast be acknowledged by BBO support people. Else users have no motivation in reporting non-blocking issues.

In the logged-in server, I frequently see a different kind of bid explanation bug - "Loading explanations ..." I have written about it here - https://www.bridgeba...ng-tournaments/

Barmar never acknowledges any non-blocking bugs. He either ignores it or says it's not a bug. Any software company should be delighted that users are reporting issues (even if they aren't blocking bugs) with detailed descriptions. Irrespective of whether they are fixing it or not, they should be logging the bugs in their bug tracking system. But over the years, I have always seen that any non-blocking bugs are either dismissed as not a bug or ignored.

#5 User is offline   pescetom 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2022-October-24, 15:18

View Postsmerriman, on 2022-October-22, 12:48, said:

You risk sounding like paulg ;)

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users