BBO Discussion Forums: Bid explanations occasinally not appearing in Free Day Long tournaments - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Bid explanations occasinally not appearing in Free Day Long tournaments

#1 User is offline   DHT84 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2022-October-02, 19:26

When you are bidding & you hover your mouse over the possible bids during the auction phase, you get an explanation of the bid.
For e.g. in Response to 1NT by partner, when it's your turn to bid, & you hover your mouse of 2, you get an explanation & that 2 is Stayman.

Occasionally, there is no explanation (in a bid where there should be) - you just see "Loading explanations ..." & nothing else happens after that.
I haven't been able to get a screenshot of that but here is a screenshot of what happens after you click anyway on a unexplained bid.

Posted Image

If you check this auction, both 1 & 2 are bids which have a proper explanation. However, for 2, it say "loading explanations .." & after I bid 2, shows the bidding screen with both the bids not highlighted. Non-highlighted bids are bids where you don't have an explanation. Here in this case, I think there is an explanation for both 1 & 2 but it's still not highlighted.

Is this a bug? This occasionally happens for some bids.

#2 User is offline   michel444 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2022-October-03, 02:52

View PostDHT84, on 2022-October-02, 19:26, said:

When you are bidding & you hover your mouse over the possible bids during the auction phase, you get an explanation of the bid.
For e.g. in Response to 1NT by partner, when it's your turn to bid, & you hover your mouse of 2, you get an explanation & that 2 is Stayman.

Occasionally, there is no explanation (in a bid where there should be) - you just see "Loading explanations ..." & nothing else happens after that.
I haven't been able to get a screenshot of that but here is a screenshot of what happens after you click anyway on a unexplained bid.

Posted Image

If you check this auction, both 1 & 2 are bids which have a proper explanation. However, for 2, it say "loading explanations .." & after I bid 2, shows the bidding screen with both the bids not highlighted. Non-highlighted bids are bids where you don't have an explanation. Here in this case, I think there is an explanation for both 1 & 2 but it's still not highlighted.

Is this a bug? This occasionally happens for some bids.

I don't think it is a bug, it is just lazy programing .more the language of programing is high, more module repeat themselve
so any time you make a bid or try to make a bid the program search for explanation in the procees the graphic change may come before or after explanation was made .....

#3 User is offline   michel444 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2022-October-03, 02:55

if the program was returning no explanation it was more funny

#4 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2022-October-03, 15:37

When it gets stuck saying "Loading explanation" it means that the robot server generating the explanations is overloaded, or there's a communication problem between your browser and the robot server.

#5 User is offline   DHT84 

• PipPip

Posted 2022-October-03, 18:37

View Postbarmar, on 2022-October-03, 15:37, said:

When it gets stuck saying "Loading explanation" it means that the robot server generating the explanations is overloaded, or there's a communication problem between your browser and the robot server.

What about the 1 bid? Why is the 1 bid not shaded in the bid diagram?

#6 User is offline   chigal64 

• PipPip

Posted 2022-October-03, 19:31

ive have this problem on bbo and acbl tournaments and havent had the explanation line nor the red box. When i contacted bbo it took me about 3 wks for them to understand what I meant. finally they got it and said some weird explanation abouot only one person playing the game would have these items. But this also happens with acbl tournaments but they would never address this. I don;t know how to get an answer but maybe someone reading this can help.tks sue

#7 User is offline   DHT84 

• PipPip

Posted 2022-October-04, 03:36

View Postchigal64, on 2022-October-03, 19:31, said:

ive have this problem on bbo and acbl tournaments and havent had the explanation line nor the red box. When i contacted bbo it took me about 3 wks for them to understand what I meant. finally they got it and said some weird explanation abouot only one person playing the game would have these items. But this also happens with acbl tournaments but they would never address this. I don;t know how to get an answer but maybe someone reading this can help.tks sue

Yes, this is surely a bug. I have seen it happening at least a couple of times a week with the Daylong free tournaments.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users