BBO Discussion Forums: myhands movie link opens full browser - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

myhands movie link opens full browser

#1 User is offline   DJNeill 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Interests:current events, long-distance cycling

Posted 2022-October-13, 08:23

Last week maybe for me, myhands "Movie" links pop open a window that now has the full menu/bookmarkbar, not just a pane, so like a full browser session. It's better to popout to a tab, but ok a new window is fine, but to have the full browser controls at the top gets in the way of what should just be a movie pane and nothing else.

Interestingly, if I close that popped-open browser, then re-click the same movie link, now it opens as it should, without the browser control. But a different movie link the first time clicked again shows the browser controls (until re-clicked).

Chrome, Windows11.

Thank you!

#2 User is offline   pescetom 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2022-October-13, 12:40

View PostDJNeill, on 2022-October-13, 08:23, said:

Last week maybe for me, myhands "Movie" links pop open a window that now has the full menu/bookmarkbar, not just a pane, so like a full browser session. It's better to popout to a tab, but ok a new window is fine, but to have the full browser controls at the top gets in the way of what should just be a movie pane and nothing else.

Interestingly, if I close that popped-open browser, then re-click the same movie link, now it opens as it should, without the browser control. But a different movie link the first time clicked again shows the browser controls (until re-clicked).

Chrome, Windows11.

I confirm this.
I had dismissed it as part of the Microsoft battle to make things difficult with Chrome, but as you say it only happens the first time the link is opened.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users