BBO Discussion Forums: Thinking ahead - BBO Discussion Forums

• 2 Pages +

Thinking ahead I didn't have a rebid

#21 User is online   mycroft 

• Secretary Bird
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2022-October-04, 07:55

"Oh my, partner raised my Axx suit. We're so doomed, better play in NT. Oh partner thinks I actually have cards, and keeps raising diamonds."

Misfits do not play well in NT. It might be the best-scoring place to play, but it's not where you *want* to play a misfit. You do it when you have to. Here, you have a very nice 3 "Thanks, partner, heard you, I'm rejecting your invitation"; and the only reason not to take it is because you're embarrassed about your 3-card diamond suit that partner, while he doesn't want you to have, fully knows you might when he supports diamonds.

Once again, "once you've announced your hand as X, don't change your mind. The auction will let you know if you have a good X, a poor X, or a 'wish you hadn't X' X. But if you change your mind and say 'I don't actually have X', you have made a mistake. Sure, it might have been your first decision, but it might not."
When I go to sea, don't fear for me, Fear For The Storm -- Birdie and the Swansong (tSCoSI)

#22 User is offline   thepossum 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2022-October-04, 19:44

2NT (11-13 pts) was a bit of a stretch given the heart situation but struggling for a bid. 3D led to the same 4D (too high) contract
I promised a full (not partial) stop in hearts :)

I could have passed the cue bid like a couple of advanced/expert players chose too :)

I see a new face here who doesn't realise that trying to patronise me on these forums is not wise

The funny thing is that I think one or two managed to make 3NT-1 so not that bad a bid really

But the point of the whole thread and why I knew I would regret posting one example hand is that it was about choice of opening bid with said hand
- and as for the thinking ahead when playing with GiB I reckon its a waste of time anyway - wrong forum again

Another remarkable thing.I thought I will put the complete hand through one of the world's top bridge programs and it opened 1d north and ended in 3NT I think

But thankyou for all the comments. They were encouraging

My favourite bid of all (other than pass) was the slightly psychy 1s which one anonymous expert bid.
Don't all reasonable systems allow opening 4-card majors sometimes

• 2 Pages +

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users