BBO Discussion Forums: Percentages of Opening Bids in Different Systems - BBO Discussion Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Percentages of Opening Bids in Different Systems

#21 User is offline   Gilithin 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2022-September-28, 15:22

Tramticket, on 2022-September-28, 02:33, said:

Why? Is there some science behind this comment?

The science is called the Fibonacci sequence and this is the foundation of the vast majority of relay systems currently played. In a vacuum you are not worrying about their bidding and just defining your hand as efficiently as possible, hence the comment about pesky opponents.

#22 User is offline   michel444 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 2022-September-28, 15:47

blackshoe, on 2022-September-27, 16:11, said:

I think Daniel Neill covers frequency of opening bids in Standard Modern Precision.

LOL no offense i see Standard with bridge an it make me laught ..
Moscito have no Standard / Forcing pass have no Standard

iiii
Lukasz slawinski
an integral part of bridge is competition in the development of biding system's
the opprtunity for inventing and testing of biding and convention is one of the main atraction of bridge.
there should be no restriction on biding system and conventions /
at tournaments and congresses

#23 User is offline   Gilithin 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2022-September-29, 08:32

michel444, on 2022-September-28, 15:47, said:

Forcing pass have no Standard

You really should not conflate bidding systems with system families. Moscito (original) is a system - it has a standard, as written by its creators. It has also given rise to a number of variants producing a family of systems. These do not have a standard. Similarly Forcing Pass is not a system but rather a family of systems. This is arguably the system family with the broadest range in all of bridge so the idea of a standard (beyond a Pass is 1st/2nd seat being forcing) is quite strange. The same applies to Precision. Wei Precision is a system, it has a standard and this is often what pairs mean when they agree Precision at a table. Precision as a whole is a family; it contains a number of systems with vastly different ways of approaching bidding and therefore no standard.

#24 User is offline   mycroft 

• Secretary Bird
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2022-September-29, 08:48

And "Standard Modern Precision" is a title for one of those Precision systems (whether Dan Neill decided to call his book that, or whether the term was known for what was called something else before the book came out). It's standard "Modern Precision", not anything to do with "Standard".
When I go to sea, don't fear for me, Fear For The Storm -- Birdie and the Swansong (tSCoSI)

#25 User is offline   PrecisionL 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Diamond LM (6700+ MP)
    God
    Family
    Counseling
    Bridge

Posted 2022-September-29, 08:53

SMP:
10+ hcp = 53 %
11+ hcp = 44 %
12+ hcp = 35 %
13+ hcp = 27 %
16+ hcp = 9.8 %
17+ hcp = 6.5 %
18+ hcp = 4.1 %

Edited 2/11/23

Ultra Relay: see Daniel's web page: https://bridgewithda...19/07/Ultra.pdf
C3: Copious Canape Club is still my favorite system. (Ultra upgraded, PM for notes)

Santa Fe Precision published 8/19. TOP3 published 11/20. Magic experiment (Science Modernized) with Lenzo. 2020: Jan Eric Larsson's Cottontail . 2020. BFUN (Bridge For the UNbalanced) 2021: Weiss Simplified (Canape & Relay). 2022: Canary Modernized, 2023-4: KOK Canape.

#26 User is offline   michel444 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 2022-September-29, 20:38

Gilithin, on 2022-September-29, 08:32, said:

You really should not conflate bidding systems with system families. Moscito (original) is a system - it has a standard, as written by its creators. It has also given rise to a number of variants producing a family of systems. These do not have a standard. Similarly Forcing Pass is not a system but rather a family of systems. This is arguably the system family with the broadest range in all of bridge so the idea of a standard (beyond a Pass is 1st/2nd seat being forcing) is quite strange. The same applies to Precision. Wei Precision is a system, it has a standard and this is often what pairs mean when they agree Precision at a table. Precision as a whole is a family; it contains a number of systems with vastly different ways of approaching bidding and therefore no standard.

maybe i don't understand what is standard.
Moscito was a system devloped around a kind of relay and forcing pass system .
Major oriented Strong Club

#27 User is offline   michel444 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 2022-September-29, 20:51

michel444, on 2022-September-29, 20:38, said:

maybe i don't understand what is standard.
Moscito was a system devloped around a kind of relay and forcing pass system .
Major oriented Strong Club

looking at moscito 2005 note of Paul Marston .
I must admit i am wrong the subject is of topic and will be answered in the thread Moscito no natural system

Michel

#28 User is offline   michel444 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 2022-September-29, 23:08

Back to subject

Statistics
Next to the 'good feeling' at the bridge table, inspired by the fact that you can handle all
situations with MUTOS, but also because you will be remembered as the annoying opponent
but who alerts everything in a correct way and explains everything , there is also the more
scientific, statistical argumentation that explains why MUTOS is an improvement, an
evolution.
ƒ In MUTOS you bid all hands from 16hp with 1♣ . This is creating simplicity : you only
need to manage one opening for all these hands. Coverage : 10% of all possible
hands or 25% of opening-hands.
ƒ All hands between 12-15 hp are opened with either 1♦ ( 8%), 1♥ ( 9%) or 1♠ ( 8.7%).
This groups 26% of all possible hands.
ƒ The "gain" in MUTOS is that you enter the auction with much more weak hands based
on distribution strengths. 17,2 % compared with 2,6% for multi 2♦ and 6% for
Muiderberg.
ƒ Do not be surprised that often you must pass : in 45% of the cases you are too weak or
you do not have the proper distribution to open. In traditional systems this percentage is
53 % !
more information on Mutos
on the link https://bridge-tips....utosEnglish.pdf
Michel

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users