Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

We love major but... 4s or 5d?

#1 User is offline   kontoleon 

• PipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2022-August-03, 07:56

The action was 1d/1s/2c/2d/2nt/3s/4s/4nt(aces)...(OK or something similar I close the hand before I even play it
I had a hand looks like AKQxxx s Axxx d and I fail to remember if was xx x or kx x

My point anyway was that he had 7!diamoms and only one spade...
He prefer the game on 4s with 7 spades even if we had 11 diamonds!

After I see the hand I closed it imidiatlly I don't even try to see if the s was 3-3

Edit we have easily 6d

#2 User is offline   LBengtsson 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2022-August-03, 13:48

I cannot comment on how you see the auction but once you find a fit, whether it is major or minor suit, you play in that suit 99% of the time. Sometimes minor suit fits play in 3NT especially at MPs as it will give a better result. If you have a double fit you have a choice. When there is only one fit you should play in it. 4-4 is usually better than 7-1 as when trumps are 3-2 you will gain two extra trump tricks.

#3 User is online   smerriman 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2022-August-03, 14:26

View Postkontoleon, on 2022-August-03, 07:56, said:

The action was 1d/1s/2c/2d/2nt/3s/4s/4nt(aces)...(OK or something similar I close the hand before I even play it)

If the auction is anything like the one you described, then I suspect this was your mistake, not the robot's. Your bid of 2 shows a weak hand (~6-9 points) and doesn't promise diamond support.. anything after that is likely to be very weird.

On top of that, if GIB had 7 diamonds and a singleton spade, and 4 clubs for the 2 bid.. then they're never bidding 2NT; they're certainly going to rebid diamonds, and you still wanted to play in spades. So you probably miscounted the cards as well.

#4 User is offline   johnu 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2022-August-03, 16:01

When posting hands and auctions, use the hand editor which is this icon at the top of the full editor Posted Image This makes things much easier to see.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users