BBO Discussion Forums: BBO challenges disappears (vs friend or robot) - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

BBO challenges disappears (vs friend or robot)

#1 User is offline   J Lodahl 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2022-August-11, 23:55

hi

I have just started to play the "challenges" (home page, selected areas). I have played against a friend and against a robot. Sometimes when I am started on a challenge, I need to have a break. I then completed the ongoing game and exits. Sometimes I can return to the challenge next time I log in, sometimes it is disappeared.

I also happens that I complete a challenge, my friend has not completed, and then it disappears.

I am aware that a challenge times out if you do not start within a week, I guess both parties need to start. But his is not my issue here.

Any help appreciated.

Jorn

#2 User is online   smerriman 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2022-August-12, 01:36

View PostJ Lodahl, on 2022-August-11, 23:55, said:

I am aware that a challenge times out if you do not start within a week, I guess both parties need to start. But his is not my issue here.

The challenge times out 3 days (not a week) after the challenge is first issued, whether you have started or not. Note this means that if you issue a challenge, and it takes the other player 2 days to accept, it'll disappear after one more day.

(For robot challenges I believe it's one day rather than 3.)

Is it possible therefore that this is your issue after all?

#3 User is offline   cherdano 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2022-August-12, 04:33

I think it could also be a connection problem - sometimes BBO is unable to load the list of challenges.
The easiest way to count losers is to line up the people who talk about loser count, and count them. -Kieran Dyke

#4 User is offline   J Lodahl 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2022-August-15, 12:15

View Postsmerriman, on 2022-August-12, 01:36, said:

The challenge times out 3 days (not a week) after the challenge is first issued, whether you have started or not. Note this means that if you issue a challenge, and it takes the other player 2 days to accept, it'll disappear after one more day.

(For robot challenges I believe it's one day rather than 3.)

Is it possible therefore that this is your issue after all?

this sounds like the pattern I am experiencing. Thank you very much. I will make challenges with fewer boards.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users