BBO Discussion Forums: autoreject permission requests to sit - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

autoreject permission requests to sit

#1 User is offline   brian_m 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2022-June-29, 18:38

When you're playing a set game at a casual table, and one of the players crashes, their seat reservation is automatically cleared. This can be a real nuisance if you want to re-seat that player, knowing they will try to come back, because the permission request if someone asks to sit is a modal form, and it can be a real pain trying to re-enter the seat reservation. Yes, I know you can fix this after a fashion by making the table invisible, but I don't want to block out players who might want to kibitz.

I have two suggestions for a way to solve the problem

1) Add a checkbox to the seat reservation dialog which locks the seat reservation until specifically cleared by the table host. Obviously this must not block the table host being transferred to another player if the host themselves is lost.

2) Add a checkbox to the table options (defaulting to not set, of course!) which auto-rejects any permission request to sit unless the seat has been reserved.

This request is caused by a recent experience with some moron who asked (and was rejected) to take over a seat in a set game where the player had crashed. The would-be new player asked at least ten times in rapid succession, but it's also a nuisance if you get a whole bunch of different players asking without any repeat requests. And no, I don't think it's worth reporting someone to abuse@ just for making repeated requests.

I can't see how 2) can be a difficult task. You need to add a checkbox to the table options. Then there will be a piece of code which, in pseudo-code, will currently look something like

IF request made to sit THEN show modal form to ask table host
______IF permission granted THEN seat player ELSE reject player

What I'm asking for is for that piece of code to be modified to

IF request made to sit THEN
______IF Autoreject flag THEN reject player ELSE
____________show modal form to ask table host
__________________IF permission granted THEN seat player ELSE reject player

P.S. Sorry if the pseudo code isn't as clear as it might be, I've made a few tries to indent the code but posting seems to strip leading white space. I had to resort to using the leading underlines.

#2 User is offline   poppagene 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2022-June-30, 02:55

Great idea!

#3 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2022-June-30, 04:27

If it's a set game where only 4 known players join, you can make the table invisible. This way nobody will see it and ask to sit in case one of the seats become available.

#4 User is offline   brian_m 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2022-July-07, 02:37

View Postdiana_eva, on 2022-June-30, 04:27, said:

If it's a set game where only 4 known players join, you can make the table invisible. This way nobody will see it and ask to sit in case one of the seats become available.

Sorry for the slow reply Diana, I thought the software was going to send me an e-mail if someone replied. Yes, I know I can set the table invisible, but I tend to collect a few kibs if any of the Oliver's Precision group are online (provided I'm playing the system, of course), and I don't want to bar them from joining. In general, I don't think that encouraging people to bar kibs is a good thing for BBO.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users