BBO Discussion Forums: A useful gadget - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

A useful gadget that perhaps few apply

#1 User is offline   Lovera 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:I'm also on YOUTUBE with a channel of music songs .

Posted 2022-June-19, 05:27

When you need to look for an old topic of yours and go to "Find My Content" you can extend your search no more than three years back and if you do not find it it could be that it is older than this period. So here's how to continue your research beyond three years. Go to the sub forum where you think it can be found and, after the summary of the 25 topics, at the end of the page you see a dark banner where it says "Click here to show filter options" and click on it. A new row with 4 windows will be opened: in the fourth (From: 30 days) click on "Show All"; return to the first from the left ("Topics: All) and click on" Topics: I Replied "and then go to "Go" to start the search for all the topics in which you have intervened starting from your first post. This indication will help you a lot to resume a discourse that you intend to develop further after some time, but if you have not found it in that subforum you can try again in other ones in the same way.

#2 User is offline   Lovera 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2022-June-19, 05:40

You can further customize your search in this other faster way. If you go to any subforum and enter your nickname in the search box, all your posts will be found but they are part of all those you found using the previous method. This is due to the fact that those found turn out to be those to which other BBO followers have replied (when the previous post is in light green, to which the relative reply is made afterwards). If, as it can happen, the speech develops autonomously but without replicas, then you will not find them. How can I add them for a quick search? Just go to one of these and in "Edit" to add at the end in brackets -i.e.:(your nickname) -(then you have to click on "Save Changes") to get the same result of adding to the others to which there has been replication.

#3 User is offline   Lovera 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2022-June-20, 15:07

I do not understand why having several followers who have been seeing this topic for at least two days, the data on the views is not yet updated.

#4 User is offline   pescetom 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2022-June-21, 12:31

View PostLovera, on 2022-June-20, 15:07, said:

I do not understand why having several followers who have been seeing this topic for at least two days, the data on the views is not yet updated.

IIRC it's a quirk of the (legacy) forum software: the views are updated only at the first reply (adesso sei servito B-) )

#5 User is offline   Lovera 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2022-June-25, 01:07

For the sake of completeness, I will say that the method you use to find your topics (explained in # 2) can also be used to see the posts of others on BBO. It will then be necessary to first go to any subforum (by clicking on) and then enter the nickname you want to verify in the search box (above). In this way (moreover, the resulting of search is facilitated by having certain data) you will have a new index of various pages where you can see at least the majority of posts (of that nickname entered on that subforum) to choose which one to read.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users