BBO Discussion Forums: Director fees for national simultaneous tournament - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Director fees for national simultaneous tournament

#1 User is offline   pescetom 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2022-January-20, 14:14

Some questions for certified directors in various countries: not on topic of the forum, but probably as close as one can get here.

1. How much does your club pay a certified director to direct at the club in a national simultaneous tournament?
2. How does that relate to number of tables and entry fees / prize money?
3. Does it change if the tournament is online rather than face to face?
4. If your club has directors of different levels, does one qualified to do more than this get paid more than one for which this is the limit?

#2 User is offline   axman 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2022-January-20, 16:57

View Postpescetom, on 2022-January-20, 14:14, said:

Some questions for certified directors in various countries: not on topic of the forum, but probably as close as one can get here.

1. How much does your club pay a certified director to direct at the club in a national simultaneous tournament?
2. How does that relate to number of tables and entry fees / prize money?
3. Does it change if the tournament is online rather than face to face?
4. If your club has directors of different levels, does one qualified to do more than this get paid more than one for which this is the limit?

When I was directing sanctioned club games (ACBL certified director) the director received $1 per full entry per session. No distinction between special games. pre covid.

#3 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2022-January-24, 10:56

View Postpescetom, on 2022-January-20, 14:14, said:

I've moved it to General Bridge Forum, I think it's more on-topic.

#4 User is offline   pescetom 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2022-January-24, 11:26

View Postbarmar, on 2022-January-24, 10:56, said:

I've moved it to General Bridge Forum, I think it's more on-topic.

OK fine.

View Postaxman, on 2022-January-20, 16:57, said:

When I was directing sanctioned club games (ACBL certified director) the director received $1 per full entry per session. No distinction between special games. pre covid.

Thanks. That makes sense, although I guess it might be difficult for a club with few tables to attract a director (but then it would also be difficult for them to justify paying much more). Would it have made any difference if the director was certified to do bigger things than direct at the local club?

Over here it's up to the club, but a flat rate is more normal: independent of number of entries, but a small club might pay as little as 30 euros and a large club 50 euros so effectively it's still related and the club's comfort zone is around 1 euro per entry, much like US.

Can anyone comment on how this works in EBU?

#5 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2022-January-24, 11:30

Our little club has a per-table fee along with a flat minimum that I think was $55 or $65 per session. The per-table fee was such that with our usual 7-8 tables we practically always paid the flat rate -- I think the break-even was around 10 tables.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users