BBO Discussion Forums: Historical Tourney Completion Percentage - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Historical Tourney Completion Percentage

#1 User is offline   persilpand 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2021-December-29, 15:15

I have been trying to register for free tournaments but over the last year am permanently blocked. I haven't played any tournaments for a very vrry long time so I don't understand why my percentage would be low? Any help appreciated.

#2 User is offline   smerriman 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2021-December-29, 15:37

Only the last 60 days are considered, and you need to have played in at least 10 during that period for it to give you a TCR. You'll need to play in tournaments that aren't restricted to build it up.

#3 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2021-December-30, 16:03

You also need to play in at least 10 tourneys during the past 60 days for it to update your TCR. So your TCR will be stuck at its current value until you play more tourneys.

The easiest way to do this is by playing in robot duplicate or instant robot duplicate tourneys. Daylong tourneys don't affect TCR.

#4 User is offline   persilpand 

• Pip

Posted 2021-December-31, 14:42

Thanks very much, hadn't thought about the robot options. Couldn't understand why the daily tournaments weren't having an effect. Much appreciated.

#5 User is offline   finesse157 

• PipPip

Posted 2022-January-01, 12:30

I have a TCR of "Unknown", and this seems to block me from entering also.

If the measure is over the last 60 days, then am I being penalized for not playing in enough tournaments?

I can understand the restriction for new players (to stop people just creating new accounts), but for players who have had an account for many many years, this is restricting me even getting a TCR as I cannot enter with my regular partner.

#6 User is offline   barmar 

Posted 2022-January-02, 23:16

View Postfinesse157, on 2022-January-01, 12:30, said:

I have a TCR of "Unknown", and this seems to block me from entering also.

If the measure is over the last 60 days, then am I being penalized for not playing in enough tournaments?

You're not being penalized, there just isn't enough information available to calculate a valid statistic.

If we gave new players the benefit of the doubt, players with bad TCR could simply create a new username and they'll be able to play in restricted tournaments.

this is restricting me even getting a TCR as I cannot enter with my regular partner.

There are lots of tournaments with no TCR restriction.

#7 User is offline   finesse157 

• PipPip

Posted 2022-January-03, 11:19

Hi Barmar,

I see your point and might I humbly suggest a reasonable work around.

As I see it, the TCR is used to limit "runners" from certain games - which is an entirely reasonable thing to do.
The limit on calculating the TCR means that infrequent players such as myself may be limited in the competitions that they can enter.

Would it seem reasonable to add another criteria of "unrated". This would in effect be a default TCR of 100%.
The fix that I suggest is that this is the default after a user has had their account for a set period of time - say 6 months to 2 years.
This would stop users creating new accounts on the day, and would also let infrequent players compete.

An added bonus would be to encourage more players to compete in country sanctioned events where the user is tied to the national user. E.g. My main user (non-director) is tied to my EBU account and I would like to complete in EBU events but currently cannot due to the "runners" restriction.

View Postbarmar, on 2022-January-02, 23:16, said:

You're not being penalized, there just isn't enough information available to calculate a valid statistic.

If we gave new players the benefit of the doubt, players with bad TCR could simply create a new username and they'll be able to play in restricted tournaments.

There are lots of tournaments with no TCR restriction.

#8 User is offline   0 carbon 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2022-January-03, 13:32

Substitutes don't seem to be held to same TCR requirement. Sub more! (10x at least Posted Image)

#9 User is offline   barmar 

Posted 2022-January-06, 10:07

View Postfinesse157, on 2022-January-03, 11:19, said:

As I see it, the TCR is used to limit "runners" from certain games - which is an entirely reasonable thing to do.

That's part of it, but it's also supposed to limit people who have poor connections that cause them to be disconnected frequently. And we can't tell whether you have a decent connection without a track record.

We don't care why you bail -- it inconveniences the other players and TDs just as much no matter the reason.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users