• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Strange new window behavior

#1 User is offline   McBruce 

• NOS (usually)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2021-November-18, 12:39

Directing today's Virtual Club game and for the first time, the 'Show Tables' box is exhibiting some strange behavior:

--resizing is far more difficult, only able to be done at the lower right corner and only resizes the height, not the width (edit: it resizes the width but limits it so that on my screen I can expand the width to include the table number column and about 3.5 players)
--the box remains on top of everything else, even over option lists when the tournament in 'Running Tournaments' is clicked

Our game yesterday did not get enough pairs, so this may be a change that began yesterday, but this was not happening on Tuesday the 16th. I'm using Windows 11 but that has not been an issue until now. Logging off and on did not fix the issue.
ACBL TD--got my start in 2002 directing games at BBO!
Please come back to the live game; I directed enough online during COVID for several lifetimes.
Bruce McIntyre, Yamaha WX5 Roland AE-10G AKAI EWI SOLO virtuoso-in-training

#2 User is online   paulg 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2021-November-19, 02:05

I also noticed the box remained on everything else during yesterday's tournament. I didn't try to resize the box.

I presume that this is a facet of the 6.0.1 client, although I am also using Chrome on Windows 11.
The Beer Card

I don't work for BBO and any advice is based on my BBO experience over the decades

#3 User is offline   Ailfionn 

• Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Bridge, Technology, Golf, Books & Film

Posted 2021-November-22, 08:35

I noted a 'window problem' this morning when trying to substitute a sitout with a robot. I showed the tables and clicked on the sitout at which stage the 'options window' appeared *behind* the table window. When I closed the table window to get at it, it disappeared also... (I know I can do a substitution from the Directors tab but thought this behaviour was relevant to this topic)

#4 User is online   paulg 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2021-November-22, 10:12

I had a similar issue with the Chat Manager window and discovered that it was the "Windows 11 style" flag that I'd set in Chrome. This is an experimental option and I should have thought of disabling it at the time.

I'm not running another tournament until Thursday but will try to remember to check the behaviour again.
The Beer Card

I don't work for BBO and any advice is based on my BBO experience over the decades

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users