Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

BBO Swiss Teams scoring error? Uneven adjustments

#1 User is offline   paulg 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2021-October-14, 15:20

My virtual club ran an 18-board Swiss Teams event with two-board rounds (mainly to replicate round-robin teams).

I don't know how to see the VP scores for each round from BBO when I am directing. I can see the final VP scores, but not the individual match scores. The player BBO records show cross imps.

When I put the results through BBO Extractor I can then see the individual match scores. I use the BBO VP20 scale both on BBO and BBO Extractor.

Tonight there was a difference between the BBO VP score and BBO Extractor VP score for two teams. For both teams, I had adjusted a board as AVE=/AVE+. BBO Extractor has handled this correctly whereas I suspect that BBO has treated it as AVE=/AVE=.

Is there an easy way to see the BBO VP match scores to verify this?
The Beer Card

I don't work for BBO and any advice is based on my BBO experience over the decades

#2 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2021-October-15, 09:31

View Postpaulg, on 2021-October-14, 15:20, said:

Is there an easy way to see the BBO VP match scores to verify this?

Unfortunately, there isn't. The information saved after the tournament treats it like pairs, just recording anything about matches and VPs.

#3 User is offline   paulg 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2021-October-21, 11:03

I've been asked to provide more information, especially as I believe that there is a bug in the BBO Swiss Teams scoring.

It relates to this tournament: https://webutil.brid...A%2C-1634234774

The traveller for board 12 can be seen at https://www.bridgeba...34774-39241029. You will see that the final entry shows that the board was scored as AV= for North-South and AV+ for the East-West pair, which happened to be GIB Robots.

Board 11 was flat for these two teams, so the match score should have been flat for one team, who scored AV= on the second board, and +3 imps for the team with the GIB Robots, meaning a final score of 10-12 VP for this round.

I do not believe that the AV+ was effected, meaning that a score of 10-10 was assigned to both teams.

I believe this is why there was a difference between the BBO and BBO Extractor scores, since BBO Extractor correctly generated a 10-12 VP scoreline.

The BBO Extractor output can be seen at https://app.pianola..../Session426147.
The Beer Card

I don't work for BBO and any advice is based on my BBO experience over the decades

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users