BBO Discussion Forums: Critique The Choice, Play, or Bidding - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Critique The Choice, Play, or Bidding Right, wrong, unlucky, or maybe you need to find a new hobby?

#1 User is online   Winstonm 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:Art, music

Posted 2021-October-04, 21:27

Imp pairs. Vulnerable against vulnerable.

Opening Lead: 2 Diamonds

A disappointing dummy. It appears the best chance is to try to hold the losers to 1 club, 1 diamond, and 1 spade. With only a single entry to dummy, the choice must be made now to play on spades or clubs. My thinking is the best chance is to find east with Qx or longer in clubs and 7 diamonds along with a doubleton or singleton spade honor.

The hand:
Spoiler

"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere." Black Lives Matter. / "I need ammunition, not a ride." Zelensky

#2 User is offline   mikeh 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:Bridge, golf, wine (red), cooking, reading eclectically but insatiably, travelling, making bad posts.

Posted 2021-October-04, 21:51

I’d take a simple line. Win the diamond lead and play a spade, intending to insert the Queen unless the king appears from east.

I’m playing for east to hold a doubleton spade honour and no club Ace.

I don’t care about the club Queen.

East clearly has 7 diamonds…the opening in first seat, red, makes it likely and the deuce lead confirms it.

Now, low to the queen….west can’t do anything if he has Kxx in spades and the club Ace. Winning kills him immediately unless east can ruff the second club. Ducking does him no good either…I pull trump and play spades from the top…endplaying west to break clubs.

It plays the same way if west has Jxx in spades…he gets endplayed in spades.
'one of the great markers of the advance of human kindness is the howls you will hear from the Men of God' Johann Hari

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users