Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Accepting Concessions Suggestion to improve BBO

#1 User is offline   glennak 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2021-August-27, 00:20

Recently I was playing in an individual tournament and my partner, as declarer, conceded all 13 tricks to the opponents.
Had he played the hand, he could have gone down two and gotten an above-average board for us, but I was helpless to stop his concession and received a bottom score.
My suggestion is to include a feature requiring both players in a pair to agree to concede tricks in individual tournaments.
I suppose my partner could still deliberately play to lose tricks, but I suspect that if required either to play the hand or leave the table and let a robot finish the hand, most players would attempt to play to win.
glennak

#2 User is offline   Capt_Ravi 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2021-August-27, 01:21

View Postglennak, on 2021-August-27, 00:20, said:

Recently I was playing in an individual tournament and my partner, as declarer, conceded all 13 tricks to the opponents.
Had he played the hand, he could have gone down two and gotten an above-average board for us, but I was helpless to stop his concession and received a bottom score.
My suggestion is to include a feature requiring both players in a pair to agree to concede tricks in individual tournaments.
I suppose my partner could still deliberately play to lose tricks, but I suspect that if required either to play the hand or leave the table and let a robot finish the hand, most players would attempt to play to win.
glennak

Absolutely second your suggestion. I have been a victim too, of such reckless concession by my partner (not by choice).
-Ravi

#3 User is offline   pilowsky 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2021-August-27, 02:26

Agree - this is how it works on another platform I play on regularly.
Declarer claims the number of tricks they feel entitled to and both opps must accept.
If it's a directed tournament then a misclaim can be referred to Director who will - as appropriate - rectify the accident.

If it can be implemented on one app then presumably...

#4 User is offline   johnu 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2021-August-27, 02:54

View Postglennak, on 2021-August-27, 00:20, said:

Recently I was playing in an individual tournament

I think I figured out the root of the problem :)

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users