BBO Discussion Forums: finding a long-term bridge partner - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

finding a long-term bridge partner How can I sustain a long-term partnership?

#1 User is offline   mikl_plkcc 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Interests:sailing, bridge

Posted 2021-August-24, 10:19

I started playing bridge in high school, but I lost my regular partner because he left school after bad GCSE results, and I entered university afterwards. I didn't get a long-term partner and eventually stopped playing it after graduation, and now I'm returning to the game.

I want to get a long-term partner to play tournament bridge as a sport. How can I sustain a long-term partnership, considering that I may frequently move cities every a few years or even months?

#2 User is offline   Vampyr 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2021-August-24, 10:40

View Postmikl_plkcc, on 2021-August-24, 10:19, said:

I started playing bridge in high school, but I lost my regular partner because he left school after bad GCSE results, and I entered university afterwards. I didn't get a long-term partner and eventually stopped playing it after graduation, and now I'm returning to the game.

I want to get a long-term partner to play tournament bridge as a sport. How can I sustain a long-term partnership, considering that I may frequently move cities every a few years or even months?

You can practise and discuss system online, and meet at tournaments. It shouldn’t be a problem. Finding the partner is the harder part; if face-to-face bridge returns in your area, this would be the best place, if you feel safe going.
I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones -- Albert Einstein

#3 User is offline   mikl_plkcc 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Interests:sailing, bridge

Posted 2021-August-24, 11:38

View PostVampyr, on 2021-August-24, 10:40, said:

You can practise and discuss system online, and meet at tournaments. It shouldn’t be a problem. Finding the partner is the harder part; if face-to-face bridge returns in your area, this would be the best place, if you feel safe going.

Face-to-face bridge will not return in my current area because we no longer have a venue. I will move to another place next year, hope that there is face-to-face bridge there.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users