BBO Discussion Forums: Friend's name appears on list in two different places - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Friend's name appears on list in two different places

#1 User is offline   EddyHaskel 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2021-July-30, 14:48

I recently added a new BBO user's name to my friend list. Today I notice that his BBO name shows up in two different locations on the list that appears when I click "People" then choose "Friends." He shows up in the usual place: i.e., near the top of the list in alphabetical order with the other users who also include me on their friends list. But this same new friend's name also shows up further down my list among users whom I follow, but have not added me to their own friends list. All the others in this latter "Follow-only" group appear with a gray background. But this new person shows up with a blue background in both places and when clicked appear to be the same profile. I have been a BBO user for 13 years and have not seen this happen before. Is this new friend logging in from two different devices or IP addresses and somehow showing up more than once? Or is there some other more innocent explanation?
I'm using a typical desktop PC, Windows, BBO V3.
Thanks.
Dave/Eddy

#2 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2021-July-31, 14:12

This happens if their friend status changes while you're logged in, for instance they add you as a friend so they go from Following to Friend. When they're added to the Friends list at the top, it doesn't remove them from the Following list at the bottom.

It will clear up the next time you login.

#3 User is offline   LionHeart1 

• PipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2021-August-02, 08:32

View Postbarmar, on 2021-July-31, 14:12, said:

Not exactly so. I experienced the following: I added some players as followed, because I wanted to create a team tourney and I wanted to see if my opponents were already online. After the match I removed them from my followed list, but they came back as followed days after the event, although since then I made several logoffs.

#4 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2021-August-02, 17:36

View PostLionHeart1, on 2021-August-02, 08:32, said:

Not exactly so. I experienced the following: I added some players as followed, because I wanted to create a team tourney and I wanted to see if my opponents were already online. After the match I removed them from my followed list, but they came back as followed days after the event, although since then I made several logoffs.

That's a different problem, and I've never heard of it happening, and can't see how it possibly could.

#5 User is offline   EddyHaskel 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2021-August-21, 17:32

View Postbarmar, on 2021-July-31, 14:12, said:

This happens if their friend status changes while you're logged in, for instance they add you as a friend so they go from Following to Friend. When they're added to the Friends list at the top, it doesn't remove them from the Following list at the bottom.

Thanks, barmar! I was hoping it was something benign like that.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users