• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What's the procedure here

#1 User is online   Cyberyeti 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2021-July-21, 13:18

We had a situation where the following occurred:

2(weak) is opened by N, E overcalls 2N on a flat 16, W alerts this as both majors and E to his horror realises that his partner is indeed correct, that's what it should be.

S passes, and W bids 3 - how should E alert/explain this, and what should he assume before bidding over it ? What is he allowed to know ? He actually bid 3N which is blatantly using the information that he's made the wrong bid first time.

#2 User is offline   paulg 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2021-July-21, 13:44

East should explain his system agreements, so whatever 3 means when he has shown both majors. In the EBU this would also require an alert.

However East is not allowed to wake up to his agreements and should not take advantage of the unauthorised information. I expect that he should have treated 3 as a transfer to hearts, although the director would need to check that, and hence would need to justify any actions in that context.
The Beer Card

I don't work for BBO and any advice is based on my BBO experience over the decades

#3 User is online   Cyberyeti 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2021-July-21, 13:59

View Postpaulg, on 2021-July-21, 13:44, said:

East should explain his system agreements, so whatever 3 means when he has shown both majors. In the EBU this would also require an alert.

However East is not allowed to wake up to his agreements and should not take advantage of the unauthorised information. I expect that he should have treated 3 as a transfer to hearts, although the director would need to check that, and hence would need to justify any actions in that context.

This was my view, as South looking at AKxxx I was quite keen on them ending up in 3 although 3N played badly enough that an extra undertrick might not have made much difference.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users