Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

BBO obscurity Avoiding full disclosure

#1 User is offline   bbstar 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2021-May-03, 02:11

User BBO is organizing lots of tournaments. However, it seems that the trending practice is not to provide full information on the details on the conditions of the contest.
BBO, we are aiming at full disclosure when organizing tournaments just like when we are explaining our bidding and carding methods.

This applies to Glorious Daylong. Two contests have been held. And the prize pools is 60% and 80% respecively. Is it safe to assume that the next contest has a prize pool of 100%?
1. If I click "About", I want to see the details of the Reward. Please clarify.
2. Also, please turn on commenting again. Or clarify, what is the proper place to ask questions.
3. The host of the tournament ("BBO") might also have a profile, so that we can message him to ask for details.

#2 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2021-May-03, 07:24

View Postbbstar, on 2021-May-03, 02:11, said:

User BBO is organizing lots of tournaments. However, it seems that the trending practice is not to provide full information on the details on the conditions of the contest.
BBO, we are aiming at full disclosure when organizing tournaments just like when we are explaining our bidding and carding methods.

This applies to Glorious Daylong. Two contests have been held. And the prize pools is 60% and 80% respecively. Is it safe to assume that the next contest has a prize pool of 100%?
1. If I click "About", I want to see the details of the Reward. Please clarify.
2. Also, please turn on commenting again. Or clarify, what is the proper place to ask questions.
3. The host of the tournament ("BBO") might also have a profile, so that we can message him to ask for details.

The Glorious Daylong is a one-off game offered throughout the Lily Land Festival.

Most of the events and formats we are running during these weeklong "festivals" are experimental games where we try new things. They are also free for the most part, although some like the Reward are not free because they don't make sense as a free tourney.

So what you observed is correct, the first format we tried was 60% payback, the second day was 80% payback, tomorrow we will try to see what it looks like if we make the minimum prize 1 BB$ and not 5 BB$ and maybe in the next days we will try other things. After we try several things and see the feedback from players we might settle for a permanent format and put it on the regular schedule.

Other games from this festival like the daylong survivor or the human pairs survivor had a similar evolution. That we tried something on day one, then based on attendance and feedback we adjusted, etc.

In general if it's a one-off event it will not have some set in stone rules, it will be an experimental game to see what players prefer and finetune.

You are welcome to ask questions in the forums, or in the newsfeed articles. We use the comments and feedback to actively improve and adjust the games.

The help files typically do not have comments on.

#3 User is offline   bbstar 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2021-May-03, 09:24

View Postdiana_eva, on 2021-May-03, 07:24, said:

After we try several things and see the feedback from players we might settle for a permanent format and put it on the regular schedule.

Thanks for the reply, I will give my feedback here.
1. (Glorious) Reward tournament is a great idea. Make this BB$ circulating!
2. Make the rules transparent (there is the "About" button for every tournament).
3. The most important detail is the "price pool percentage". Either 60% (BB$10..BB$5), 80% (BB$15..BB$5) or 68% (BB$15..BB$1).
4. The number of prices (40% of participants) is not important (10%..60% is all reasonable).
5. The smallest positive prize might well be BB$0.01. A $5 drop from place 123 to place 124 feels like we are competing for the 123th place, not the 1st place. It would be nice to add some concavity to the reward function (just like the BBO points -- the drop from 1st place to 2nd place should be greater than the drop from 101st to 102nd).

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users