BBO Discussion Forums: Feature Request - Casual page additions / options - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Feature Request - Casual page additions / options

#1 User is offline   Whisty709 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2021-April-03, 14:49

First, I am finding the casual section of the web site more useless than useful. My issues are simple: it is simply very hard to ad-hoc join tables at random for a certain group of users. 95% of the time I get booted out before the bidding starts. Plus a truly open table might be all ACOL when I am SAYC player or expert users when I am a beginner. Clicking on profiles to try to find players is a waste of a lot of time (can easily be an hour if you have the patience.) There needs to be a few options that like minded/skilled people can meet up with friendly open players. Some thoughts I have are:

#1 - Under "Find your own game" to help people find friendly tables. For example:
(a) Start / find a table with SAYC, Start a table using ACOL, Start a table using Bridge Base Basic, etc. (Just the top popular common ones.) This helps lump the various groups of players.
(b) Start / find a table using a click-able list of skill levels. Ex: Novice, Beginner, Intermediate, etc.
© Ideally (a) and (b) would be both done to create a near ideal table. Ex: SAYC - Beginner to Advance, for example.

#2 - Under "Help me find a game, list interesting tables":
(a) This is pretty much useless, every time I click on that all the tables are locked. Why give me a list of tables I cannot possibly join?
(b) Make this "List interesting open tables". (Tables without all seats locked.)

#3 - Under "Take me to first seat available". Same design here, list a few options:
(a) Take me to SAYC, ACOL, etc tables.
(b) Take me to novice, beginners, intermediate, etc table.

#4 - Table seat creation behaviour:
(a) When the table is created the default behaviour should be all seats automatically reserved (locked). The table owner then has to unlock any seats.
(b) When someone leaves a seat, the table owner gets a pop-up asking if they want the table to go back into the "Open Table" list. (Too many times a game is finished, someone leaves, the table goes back to the "Open Table" list, but the other folks are either busy reviewing, and/or slow leaving, etc.) I join only to be told "sorry we are finished".

I realize most of the meet-ups are predetermined, but surely the Casual page can be expanded with additional functionality to help various users create/find/join the 'near ideal' game.

Thanks for reading and thinking and about this.
Whisty709

#2 User is offline   0 carbon 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2021-April-10, 15:39

The Description field reads "IMPs" or "MPs" - why not have the Host enter it, eg "Precision/SAYC English" or "SEF Francais"
Then let people search for "SEF" or "Francais" or.....

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users