• Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2021-March-04, 21:53

Posted Image
Has been like this for a while.

#2 User is offline   pilowsky 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2021-March-04, 22:23

Seems OK for me, but from the image, you don't appear to have placed a person/robot in the East seat.
Non legit hoc

#3 User is offline   smerriman 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2021-March-21, 01:07

This is still broken. Others on BW mention having reported it to the BBO support in early February with no response.

It really seems like nothing gets fixed on BBO these days..

#4 User is offline   pilowsky 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2021-March-21, 02:09

What I meant was, it only works if all the seats are occupied:
Unless this is because Prime members can add robots at no charge.
Your image shows that there is nothing in the East seat (or West for that matter), which is why there is no bidding.
Or is there some other problem?

Posted Image
Non legit hoc

#5 User is offline   smerriman 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2021-March-21, 02:29

This is nothing to do with prime. It's an HTML z-index bug at a bidding table when Opponents' bidding is set to Controlled by host and robots (or humans that aren't you) are in the N/S seats, as I demonstrated in my screenshot.

#6 User is offline   pilowsky 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2021-March-21, 03:26

I see what you mean, but when I put myself South, and robots in all the other seats it works fine.

You have to have someone or some "thing" at all four seats.

Your screenshot shows that the West and East seats are empty. "West" and "East" are not "things" that's why it doesn't work.

There has to be some "thing" to bid even if it's just to pass.

I'm trying it now. It's working fine.

Or do you mean that it should work even when two of the seats are empty (as in your screenshot)?
Non legit hoc

#7 User is offline   smerriman 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2021-March-21, 13:07

Sigh. Read my message again. Or don't, since you're having so much difficulty understanding it.

It's a clear bug; it has worked perfectly fine for many years, it's 100% replicable by doing what I mentioned above rather than the unrelated things that you are doing, has been noticed by others, and it would be nice to get fixed by BBO. No need for more help on your end.

#8 User is offline   pilowsky 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2021-March-21, 15:49

View Postsmerriman, on 2021-March-21, 13:07, said:

Sigh. Read my message again. Or don't, since you're having so much difficulty understanding it.

It's a clear bug; it has worked perfectly fine for many years, it's 100% replicable by doing what I mentioned above rather than the unrelated things that you are doing, has been noticed by others, and it would be nice to get fixed by BBO. No need for more help on your end.

Ho hum, sigh, etc,
Here is the text of your message.

Has been like this for a while.

Accompanied by a picture of a table that isn't completely set up.
You haven't placed a human or a robot in the East and West seats - unless you have named them "West" and "East"?

In what sense is that easy to understand? Or is it meant to be a sort of crossword clue?
What exactly is 100% replicable? GIGO.

I have tried the bidding table in all kinds of configurations. It works fine for me.
If there is a bug, I too would like to know what the effect is to help me avoid it.
I'm pretty sure other users might be interested.
At first glance, It looked like you are complaining that bidding is not happening.

If you are complaining that there is a z-index bug because the image of the bidding box is on top of the table and hiding other elements, then that also isn't a problem for me.
It works fine when the table is set to "pass throughout" if the EW seats are empty.

If you change the setting to "pass throughout" then yes, I can reproduce the "bug", but even then I can replace the EW robots and it starts working.
Oddly, I then took the Robots out again to reproduce your situation and everything started working just fine!

Speaking of (possibly intermittent) z-index bugs, the one that gets my goat is when the little box that tells you what a bid means appears underneath an old one.
The only workaround for that is to leave and come back - which you can't do on a regular table.

Non legit hoc

#9 User is offline   sfi 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2021-March-21, 16:19

I'm seeing slightly different - equally unhelpful - behaviour, both on my phone and on the computer. The bidding box is directly over East's hand and is half off the table - all I see are the Pass, 1, 2, 3 and 4 buttons.

#10 User is offline   smerriman 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2021-March-21, 16:35

Yes, it's 100% intentional that humans or robots aren't placed in the East and West seats.

If the table wasn't set up correctly, you wouldn't see a bidding box.

I specifically told you, since you failed to understand the screenshot:

...when Opponents' bidding is set to Controlled by host and robots (or humans that aren't you) are in the N/S seats, as I demonstrated in my screenshot.

Having robots or humans in the E/W seats is illogical when using this setting (it's not even possible to place humans in those seats; the interface disables it).

This has worked for many years, up until early this year.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users