• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Managing Entries to Events Confused about the rules

#1 User is offline   rstenson 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2021-March-14, 16:34

Hi
As an experienced director , with Corvid around us, I am just beginning to manage events. I have only read read the simple set up instructions issued by BBO. We are playing simple Mitchel movement with a good number of tables
I am confused about the management of Entries.

If I set up an Include list I am under the impression that if players are not on it they can not register for events.

Also in the Player tab there is a concept of followers and I can see how follower status is managed.
When setting up a tournament it is our practice at the club to :"Include only players followed by the host".

It is also common practice when club members who have not applied to be followers log on and try to enter one of our events, once bona fides have been established
it is the club's practice to delete the above restriction just before starting the event and the player registers.

As no one has done anything about this players presence on the Include list I don't understand why these players can play.

Can any one explain to me the interaction between these two sets or rules or at least point me to some material which explains it.
Roger Stenson

#2 User is offline   kenjay 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2021-March-15, 07:29

Hi Roger,
I have 3 different lists.
1) No restrictions, open to anyone
2) An "Include players followed by host" list. Everyone on this list can register.
3) "Include" Custom list" list. Everyone on this list can enter.
Option 3 can be used where you wish to restrict players who are on list option 2. For example you may wish only beginners, etc to this list.

#3 User is offline   paulg 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2021-March-15, 08:14

Basically you can enter a restricted tournament if you meet at least one of the 'include' options (and will be excluded if you meet any of the 'exclude' options).

So if you check the option 'Include players followed by the host', then only players whom the host follows will be allowed to register for the tournament.

If you have an include list and only check the 'Include custom list', then only players who are on that list will be allowed to register for the tournament.

If you check both 'Include custom list' and 'Include players followed by the host', then players who are either on the list or followed by the host are permitted to register.

By removing these restrictions prior to the event starting, then anyone can register from the point that the restrictions are removed.

If you want to add approved people to the tournament, having set the above conditions, then the easiest way to do is for the host to follow them or add them to the include list. Once you have done one of these, then MODIFY the tournament so that it rereads the new include list or updates the list of host's followers and they will be able to register.

Hope this helps.

Paul
The Beer Card

I don't work for BBO and any advice is based on my BBO experience over the decades

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users