Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

EBU SIM Pairs

#1 User is offline   gentgiant 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2021-March-09, 06:42

Once again, results from vEBU Pairs events are being embargoed because on the same day the EBU are staging SIM pairs.

The embargo is applied even to the non-SIM playing clubs. Yesterday my Club pairs was one of 123 clubs playing online event while seven (7) played in the SIM. Tonight there are three (3) clubs scheduled to play the EBU SIM and who knows how many others playing but not in the SIM.

The embargo is a nuisance and the EBU seem indifferent to seeking a way of not imposing an embargo on non-SIM playing clubs.

If they won't do anything, it's time BBO did.

#2 User is offline   kenjay 

• PipPip

Posted 2021-March-09, 07:14

View Postgentgiant, on 2021-March-09, 06:42, said:

Once again, results from vEBU Pairs events are being embargoed because on the same day the EBU are staging SIM pairs.

The embargo is applied even to the non-SIM playing clubs. Yesterday my Club pairs was one of 123 clubs playing online event while seven (7) played in the SIM. Tonight there are three (3) clubs scheduled to play the EBU SIM and who knows how many others playing but not in the SIM.

The embargo is a nuisance and the EBU seem indifferent to seeking a way of not imposing an embargo on non-SIM playing clubs.

We finish about 2115 hrs so a wait until shortly after 2200 hrs when results become available is no hardship for us. Not sure how many of the 123 clubs play in the morning/afternoon.

#3 User is online   paulg 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2021-March-09, 07:44

View Postgentgiant, on 2021-March-09, 06:42, said:

It is unrealistic to expect BBO to micromanage virtual clubs that are created under the umbrella of a national organisation.

Effectively the EBU is saying that this is a good thing for all EBU virtual clubs and it is up to the EBU to manage its relationship with its virtual clubs and BBO, particularly when BBO does not provide the EBU with the functionality it would like.

If a lot of clubs complained to the EBU, then you would expect them to provide a proper response.
The Beer Card

I don't work for BBO and any advice is based on my BBO experience over the decades

#4 User is offline   gentgiant 

• PipPip

Posted 2021-March-09, 08:06

View Postkenjay, on 2021-March-09, 07:14, said:

We finish about 2115 hrs so a wait until shortly after 2200 hrs when results become available is no hardship for us. Not sure how many of the 123 clubs play in the morning/afternoon.

Paul, I'm not sure why this restriction should apply to you. Surely you are a vSBU club?

I find it annoying as the supposed SIM security is full of holes any way and there are multiple ways the EBU could manage security without inconveniencing other clubs

As for the time, it's always later than supposed.

#5 User is online   paulg 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2021-March-09, 09:50

View Postgentgiant, on 2021-March-09, 08:06, said:

View Postkenjay, on 2021-March-09, 07:14, said:

Paul, I'm not sure why this restriction should apply to you. Surely you are a vSBU club?

I find it annoying as the supposed SIM security is full of holes any way and there are multiple ways the EBU could manage security without inconveniencing other clubs

You are confusing kenjay and my comments.
The Beer Card

I don't work for BBO and any advice is based on my BBO experience over the decades

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users