• You cannot reply to this topic

General sub list abusers TDs need more options here

#1 User is offline   McBruce 

• NOS (usually)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2021-March-04, 22:02

A few suggestions for the general tournament sub list:

--when a TD tries to get a sub with Sub...Any, the invites should not go to people on the ignore list of the TD.
--TDs should be able to click a box when inviting, to add to the invite that the original player may return, or probably will not be back
--people signing up for the general sub list should first see a dialog box asking for reasonable behavior as a sub: no leaving after two bad boards because partner made a mistake or two, or throwing boards with wild bids because you are frustrated
--TDs should be able to report sub misbehavior easily and records should be kept
--players who are frequently reported should be warned or prevented from joining the sub list

It's great that we have this list, and most players are good subs that play to the end and have success or fun or sometimes both. But there is a minority who are looking for masterpoints and will leave to try somewhere else the second it becomes impossible. These folks don't even bother to offer up a fake excuse, they just ask to be subbed and a quick look at their results or at table history reveals quite often that the mistakes they think their partner is making are actually their fault. It's time consuming to invite people one by one to avoid getting someone on your blacklist who has already proven that they will leave at the first bad result. If we could click a half-dozen buttons to report a bad sub, and BBO limited itself to the worst cases before investigating, that wouldn't be too much work and would improve things considerably.
ACBL TD--got my start in 2002 directing games at BBO!
Please come back to the live game; I directed enough online during COVID for several lifetimes.
Bruce McIntyre, Yamaha WX5 Roland AE-10G AKAI EWI SOLO virtuoso-in-training

#2 User is offline   pescetom 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2021-March-05, 13:57

I think it would be a huge improvement if robot subs could play a more normal system, or even (gasp) adapt to or be customised by human partner.
I would be unhappy to see BBO investing it's clearly limited resources in improved management of the legacy solution of human subs.

#3 User is online   jillybean 

• hooked
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:Multi

Posted 2021-March-05, 17:15

McBruce! I'd love to sub in your tournaments when my NZ Clock syncs with your game times.

#4 User is offline   McBruce 

• NOS (usually)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2021-March-10, 21:10

View Postpescetom, on 2021-March-05, 13:57, said:

I think it would be a huge improvement if robot subs could play a more normal system, or even (gasp) adapt to or be customised by human partner.
I would be unhappy to see BBO investing it's clearly limited resources in improved management of the legacy solution of human subs.

There is no end to the frustration of people who feel that they have lost potential masterpoints because a robot made a good play against them, or worse, did something unbelievably bad against the pair that finished 0.03% better than them. Not a hassle this Virtual Club director wants. Not at all.
ACBL TD--got my start in 2002 directing games at BBO!
Please come back to the live game; I directed enough online during COVID for several lifetimes.
Bruce McIntyre, Yamaha WX5 Roland AE-10G AKAI EWI SOLO virtuoso-in-training

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users