Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

BBO Login short cut Not Working

#1 User is offline   vanman 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2021-March-03, 01:22

When I tried to Login to BBO this AM with the usual BBO shortcut I got the following error message:
" Login Denied. Obsolete Client. Please login via webpage. Err = 788"
I uninstalled my existing BBO APP and re-installed the current / latest version available from the webpage and got the same result.
Do we now just have to login through the webpage ??????

#2 User is offline   aditan 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2021-March-03, 02:44

vanman, on 2021-March-03, 01:22, said:

When I tried to Login to BBO this AM with the usual BBO shortcut I got the following error message:
" Login Denied. Obsolete Client. Please login via webpage. Err = 788"
I uninstalled my existing BBO APP and re-installed the current / latest version available from the webpage and got the same result.
Do we now just have to login through the webpage ??????

yes, from no on we can login just through webpage.

#3 User is offline   paulg 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2021-March-03, 05:25

If you were using the old Windows client or the old Flash client, then these will no longer work, and I'm surprised that you were able to download them from the BBO website. These clients have not been developed for a long time, the Flash client has significant security problems, and they are hampering work to move back to a single server view of the world.

If you are on Windows, most browsers allow you to create a desktop shortcut to the login page; just Google about creating a desktop shortcut on your preferred browser. I suspect you can do the same or similar on a Mac.
The Beer Card

I don't work for BBO and any advice is based on my BBO experience over the decades

#4 User is offline   Gerardo 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2021-March-03, 10:30

paulg, on 2021-March-03, 05:25, said:

If you were using the old Windows client or the old Flash client, then these will now longer work, and I'm surprised that you were able to download them from the BBO website. These clients have not been developed for a long time, the Flash client has significant security problems, and they are hampering work to move back to a single server view of the world.

If you are on Windows, most browsers allow you to create a desktop shortcut to the login page; just Google about creating a desktop shortcut on your preferred browser. I suspect you can do the same or similar on a Mac.

....the Flash platform has significant security problems, and it has been discontinued by its maker.

Also, browsers (Chrome [and its variants, including Edge], Firefox, Safari) do not support it in their later releases.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users