Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Main or Relaxed club? Random scores

#1 User is offline   DSEdwards 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2021-February-18, 11:04

I have been playing in the Relaxed Club as a private four for months but get fed up with the weird scores at other tables.
Are scores only compared in the Relaxed Club and are scores more sensible in the Main Club?

#2 User is offline   Chas_P 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2021-February-18, 20:09

View PostDSEdwards, on 2021-February-18, 11:04, said:

I have been playing in the Relaxed Club as a private four for months but get fed up with the weird scores at other tables.
Are scores only compared in the Relaxed Club and are scores more sensible in the Main Club?

All boards are played 16 times. So I assume (but not sure) that if you are playing in the Relaxed club your scores are compared to 15 other pairs playing in the Relaxed club. Diana_Eva is more qualified to elaborate than I am. Perhaps she will.

#3 User is online   paulg 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2021-February-19, 02:00

One option is to play Vugraph boards (table menu->Deal source).

This will only give you a couple of comparisons, but generally they will be with experts and more sensible. You will still get the odd strange comparison: experts are not perfect; not everyone who plays on Vugraph is an expert (there are a few junior and club events); and rarely the Vugraph record was corrupt and has not been corrected.
The Beer Card

I don't work for BBO and any advice is based on my BBO experience over the decades

#4 User is offline   Pertinax 

• PipPip

Posted 2021-February-20, 00:14

BBO scores duplicate hands using Cross-IMPS across 16 tables of similar rank. Unfortunately the scores for Beginner and Intermediate tables tend to be a bit random. The Main Club would be a bit better.

Total Point is not scored as Duplicate, which avoids this problem, but without Duplicating the side with the most As and Ks wins.

#5 User is offline   sfi 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2021-February-20, 02:04

View Postpaulg, on 2021-February-19, 02:00, said:

One option is to play Vugraph boards (table menu->Deal source).

This will only give you a couple of comparisons, but generally they will be with experts and more sensible. You will still get the odd strange comparison: experts are not perfect; not everyone who plays on Vugraph is an expert (there are a few junior and club events); and rarely the Vugraph record was corrupt and has not been corrected.

Too true. We scored +400 in 3NT the other day and won one imp playing an old Spingold match. This seemed pretty odd, so I took a look at the other tables. They had perpetrated +800 in 3NTxx and -150 in 3NT. Just another imp.

#6 User is offline   Vinish 

• PipPip

Posted 2021-February-20, 11:44

View Postpaulg, on 2021-February-19, 02:00, said:

One option is to play Vugraph boards (table menu->Deal source).<snip>
How is this option accessed? I play on the casual side with three friends. We play matchpoints. Under the "table menu", there is no "deal source" option. Am I correct that this "table menu" is the one that can be accessed after the game has been started and before the first hand has been dealt - for example while waiting for all invited persons to join? Thanks.

G'day,

Vinish

#7 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2021-February-23, 09:37

View PostVinish, on 2021-February-20, 11:44, said:

How is this option accessed? I play on the casual side with three friends. We play matchpoints. Under the "table menu", there is no "deal source" option. Am I correct that this "table menu" is the one that can be accessed after the game has been started and before the first hand has been dealt - for example while waiting for all invited persons to join? Thanks.

It's only available when you choose IMPs scoring. It's in the blue "hamburger" menu, just below "Table options".

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users