BBO Discussion Forums: Upload Lin files using Safari on MAC OS - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Upload Lin files using Safari on MAC OS Unable to upload LIN files using Safari on MAC OS

#1 User is offline   RickZeus 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2021-February-14, 17:26

I'm a bridge author and am developing documentation to allow readers of my book to upload the LIN files for the practice hands contained in the book so they can play them online. Everything works just fine if the user's device is Windows 10 on a PC or any Android device. When the user's device is Safari on MAC OS and they click on the Choose File button, absolutely nothing happens. I'm not a MAC person, so it might be some trivial MAC thing that I don't know about. Would greatly appreciate any help.

#2 User is offline   pilowsky 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2021-February-14, 21:29

It's a well-known problem - not just Mac.
After you import them do you get the 'successfully ...." message?
If so then the import was successful - you just can't see them
Click onto another folder then back to the new one - usually works.
Rarely it can take a few minutes.
Non legit hoc

#3 User is offline   RickZeus 

• Pip

Posted 2021-February-15, 15:55

Thanks for the reply, but importing is not the problem. I never get there. The first step is to choose the file on your device that you wish to import. When I click on the Choose File button within BBO, nothing happens. The screen does not change. It works fine when my device is android or Windows 10 on a PC, but not on a MAC using Safari. Has anyone ever seen this work with a MAC as the user's device? Could it be that BBO just doesn't support this capability for MACs?

#4 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2021-February-15, 17:09

View PostRickZeus, on 2021-February-15, 15:55, said:

Thanks for the reply, but importing is not the problem. I never get there. The first step is to choose the file on your device that you wish to import. When I click on the Choose File button within BBO, nothing happens. The screen does not change. It works fine when my device is android or Windows 10 on a PC, but not on a MAC using Safari. Has anyone ever seen this work with a MAC as the user's device? Could it be that BBO just doesn't support this capability for MACs?

The browser has to allow pop-ups from bridgebase.com

The lin uploader tool shows up in a pop-up and Safari is probably blocking it.

#5 User is offline   RickZeus 

• Pip

Posted 2021-February-15, 17:21

Thanks. I'll check that out. I don't have a MAC so I have someone else doing this testing.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users