BBO Discussion Forums: New Look Homepage Windows Versions Compatibility - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

New Look Homepage Windows Versions Compatibility

#1 User is offline   PP24PP 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2021-February-12, 01:47

When my partner logs in she is not taken to the home screen but only sees the blue background with bridge players and a blank grey block in centre where log in took place. I can see her as logged in and can invite her for a pairs event and she gets the "yellow" block with the invite, So she is logged in but never receives the Homepage!! She is on a Laptop running Windows Vista and using Google Chrome. Until this upgrade to the new style home page she had no problem. Any advice other than upgrading windows?

#2 User is offline   Douglas43 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Interests:Walking, boring my wife with bridge stories

Posted 2021-February-12, 03:32

I have a similar problem with an old laptop running Windows XP and Chrome. It gets me as far as the login page and seems to want to let me in, but then stalls. If a yellow box Vu-graph pops up clicking on it gets me in, but otherwise, no dice. There is a pinned discussion in this forum "I can't log in to BBO" - you might like to re-post to that?

#3 User is offline   sfi 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2021-February-12, 08:04

The last patch releases for Vista and XP were 11 and 12 years ago, respectively. It's not entirely surprising they don't fully support technologies that weren't around when they were already at their end of life.

The first thing I would try would be another browser, such as Firefox. That might work differently enough to display properly.

#4 User is offline   danselmi 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2021-February-14, 14:33

I've seen this too, with up to date Chrome. I don't remember how it happens, something to do with how I'm getting logged out I think. But changing the URL seems to fix it so you can try changing that. And the usual, clear your cache and cookies etc.

HTH,
Dave

#5 User is offline   pescetom 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2021-February-14, 15:31

View Postdanselmi, on 2021-February-14, 14:33, said:

I've seen this too, with up to date Chrome. I don't remember how it happens, something to do with how I'm getting logged out I think. But changing the URL seems to fix it so you can try changing that. And the usual, clear your cache and cookies etc.

I tried it with a laptop running XP and Chrome that worked a few weeks ago but now has the problems described above.
Could you please explain what you mean by changing the URL?

I agree that BBO has every right to lose compatibility with these legacy systems, but surely it should be a conscious decision linked to a real technical necessity. Not sure yet that either condition is met here.

#6 User is offline   sakuragi 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2021-February-14, 22:42

another thing i might try is user agent switcher e.g.
https://chrome.googl...djiklpkjnoahfmg

Personally i am on newer OS and have not tried it.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users