BBO Discussion Forums: Director call during end of tournament - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Director call during end of tournament screen greys out and cannot continue

#1 User is offline   pescetom 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2021-February-04, 15:14

Just minutes ago, I had completed the last hand of a free tournament and called the Director and started to say why.
While I was typing the tournament ended and I was left with a greyed out screen and a small white square in centre.
I could still see tournament chat continuing but could do nothing and my Director call was lost.
Back or Home buttons equally ineffective.

#2 User is offline   mycroft 

• Secretary Bird

Posted 2021-February-04, 16:06

When you finish the tournament, you don't need the director to come to be able to finish the hand. The Director can't come to your table anyway if you call, it's gone.

You can (and should) PM the director after the game if there is an issue with scoring, behaviour, concerns, ... If the tournament is still running, they'll have to be there. If the tournament is over, they should stick around for a while anyway (in case there is an issue with scoring, behaviour, concerns,...)
When I go to sea, don't fear for me, Fear For The Storm -- Birdie and the Swansong (tSCoSI)

#3 User is offline   pescetom 

Posted 2021-February-04, 16:21

View Postmycroft, on 2021-February-04, 16:06, said:

When you finish the tournament, you don't need the director to come to be able to finish the hand. The Director can't come to your table anyway if you call, it's gone.

You can (and should) PM the director after the game if there is an issue with scoring, behaviour, concerns, ... If the tournament is still running, they'll have to be there. If the tournament is over, they should stick around for a while anyway (in case there is an issue with scoring, behaviour, concerns,...)

Thanks. It was "just" an ethical concern about last partner's behaviour (although I would cheerfully accept punishment and/or an adjusted score). Hence another recent post about how to report ethical problems.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users