BBO Discussion Forums: Handviewer/NetBridgeVu and BridgeVu - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Handviewer/NetBridgeVu and BridgeVu

#1 User is offline   Gunnar60 

• PipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2021-February-03, 09:11

This is a mail which I have sent BBO Support intended for the SW responsible at BBO.

I publish it here to for you to comment.... The mail:

Hi,

I have some proposals for Handviewer, NetBridgeVu and BridgeVu.

BACKGROUND.

These are very old and had not been updated for many years by BBO, 9-11 years.But they are still working (with some restrictions) also with Windows 10 and is the only alternative for users that don’t have the possibility to use HandViewer, which require that the LIN files must be packed in an XML bundle and stored on a server for access it.

PROPOSAL

As the update is frozen, which makes impossible to fix issues and add new functionality.I have three alternative proposals to improve the situation:

1. BBO start up to support update of these programs

2. BBO release the source code with an Open-Source license, which make possible for programmers to update the code for new requirement and add new functionality. Maybe this also will also give input for further improvement of Handviewer

3. BBO design a stand-alone version of HandViewer. Probably the best solution. Then BridgeVu and NetBridgeVu can be buried forever.

With hope for an answer and some actions from BBO in this matter.

Best Regards
Bjorn Hjalmarsson

#2 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2021-February-05, 09:44

I've closed this thread because it's a duplicate of https://www.bridgeba...ost&pid=1017006

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users